Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent the day installing my Breedt intake Manifold, radium pcv plate and radium catch can. I am not using radiums pcv valve instead I ran -10AN lines to a one way check valve then to my catch can. I then have a -10AN line from my catch can to my manifold. Everything seems to be hooked up and air tight. I drove for about 20 miles before the code popped. Anyone have any trouble shooting suggestions

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
On the 15+ it relates to the sensor behind the intake tube. The 13 and 14 don't have it. It needs to see the pressure it likes or it thinks it's open. Is the valve adjustable?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the 15+ it relates to the sensor behind the intake tube. The 13 and 14 don't have it. It needs to see the pressure it likes or it thinks it's open. Is the valve adjustable?
Unfortunately its not adjustable, Im thinking of removing the catch can, keep the radium pcv plate and use their pcv valve. My car just doesnt seem to like the catch can.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Unfortunately its not adjustable, Im thinking of removing the catch can, keep the radium pcv plate and use their pcv valve. My car just doesnt seem to like the catch can.
Yeah it's the crankcase pressure. Messed up thing it's measured at the intake tube. I had a 16 with the same issue after installing a CC with a check valve. Had to go back to the stock plate/stock pcv valve with the can. One thing I never did was check the stock PCV opening pressure. I bet if you can figure that out and get a higher rated check valve it'll be fine

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
You can also email your tuner and see if cobb added it to be disabled. After our fiasco we had sct add it so we could disable the code.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can also email your tuner and see if cobb added it to be disabled. After our fiasco we had sct add it so we could disable the code.
Thanks, I contacted stratified to get their opinion. The system is working, I know since I havent popped my dipstick. Im hoping I can tune it out, if not Im gonna drop the catch can.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just talked with stratified and the code can be tuned out. If the opening pressure of the two crank case vents are different the ecu reads an error. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts