Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm Keith and new to the forums, and very glad I found it.
I'm having a problem with my 2017 ST 7k miles into its life and have searched every thread on here looking to where I can locate the fuel injectors.
Spark plugs and ignition coils were all re arranged to only show the 4th cylinder still misfiring. The 4th spark plug was actually oily when I pulled it but the others were dry, it still works as I swapped it with 1st cylinder after cleaning it. It's a misfire on start up and it's not intermittent, I've ran it for an hour in my driveway to see if any more codes appear on my accessport. No excessive mods just cobb stage 1 tune. Happened 1 morning 2 minutes after filling with gas. Car low idles and shakes horribly.
Going down the list I want to see if the fuel injector is okay but I can't seem to find a tutorial that shows how to get to them. I've been wanted to take it to the dealer though the warranty is probably trashed at this point cause the accessport. I've been driving 93 stage 1 tune for 5 months now. Any help I thank you ahead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
See the tennis circle in the picture. Behind the intake manifold, hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i looked at it all i can. had to take it back to ford. warranty is voided and they said only option is to purchase a new longblock with new 60k warranty. dont feel like spending almost 6 grand for the same engine i already had. All i had was a 91 octane tune and they told me it caused the car to run so lean it blew a hole in the 4th piston. Expensive lesson learned, will be getting the work done by a certified mechanic for much cheaper whos looking into the 2.3L engines for me. Not sure how many will see this post but count me in with the rest when i say "dont tune with a warranty" unless you own a garage full of spare engines or have rich parents. As for Cobb, they deleted my post from their review section because it wasn't a good one. I had told them the ford dealership blamed the cobb software override for my failing piston, and wouldn't recommend it on new cars. So let them keep all the good reviews and discard the bad ones, so that newcomers feel safe when buying the AP :p

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Thanks for the help guys, i looked at it all i can. had to take it back to ford. warranty is voided and they said only option is to purchase a new longblock with new 60k warranty. dont feel like spending almost 6 grand for the same engine i already had. All i had was a 91 octane tune and they told me it caused the car to run so lean it blew a hole in the 4th piston. Expensive lesson learned, will be getting the work done by a certified mechanic for much cheaper whos looking into the 2.3L engines for me. Not sure how many will see this post but count me in with the rest when i say "dont tune with a warranty" unless you own a garage full of spare engines or have rich parents. As for Cobb, they deleted my post from their review section because it wasn't a good one. I had told them the ford dealership blamed the cobb software override for my failing piston, and wouldn't recommend it on new cars. So let them keep all the good reviews and discard the bad ones, so that newcomers feel safe when buying the AP :p
Were you running a Cobb OTS tune? Those seem to be honestly the most common one that blows engines anymore. They're so generic and garbage.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I am so sorry dude. That is the worst. I never blew an engine before and hope I never do. I can only imagine how sick you must feel. I did have a Merkur XR4TI burn in a ball of flames, and the transmission dropped on an old Ford Tempo, but I never had anything catastrophic happen on a new car.

Wishing you all the luck getting it back on the road for a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey man, I feel your pain. I'm in a similar boat with the Ford Performance tune and still doing some diagnostics but points to a new motor for me. Btw- let me know where you can get a deal on an ST motor...lol. Will fix and sell sell sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts