Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys! So my ST threw these two codes yesterday. My wife and I were at Costco and got in the car after putting the groceries away. I turned it on and the "Service Engine Now" warning popped up along with the CEL. So I turned it off and back on cause that will usually clear it in my experience. But it stayed on. Same message appeared. So I started pulling out of my spot and only slightly pushed the accelerator and the blow-off valve stuck open. It was making a constant woosh noise that is usually only present when you're off the gas. I had never heard it before so it definitely worried me. I pulled out onto the road between two parking lots and got it into second and it felt like it was chugging a little bit. It would still make the wooshing noise of the blow-off valve being stuck open with barely any pressing of the accelerator. So I pulled into the parking lot of Walgreens and shut it off. I didn't feel comfortable driving it with this weird issue so I ended up calling a tow truck and my wife and the groceries were rescued by one of our friends who was nearby thankfully. Anyways. I ended up driving the ST to the dealership I normally take it to which wasn't too far away. I did a lap around the parking lot I was in and wasn't having the blow-off valve issue from earlier but the CEL was still on and it felt under powered. The the tow truck followed me and I dropped it off. Got a call from them earlier today and so I headed down to the dealership. Text Paper Document Handwriting Font
Sounds like they're blaming the Green Filter for making the blow-off valve stay stuck open. And the tech said the sound symposer being removed could be a possible issue as well. Whats weird is I have had the Green Filter on for at least 9 months now and same with the sound symposer. No issues from either until now. I talked to another tech there while waiting for my car and he said he has the same set up in his '15. Symposer-delete and a COBB filter (which I'm pretty sure is just a rebranded Green Filter?) and he hasn't had any issues. I'm thinking my filter might be a little loose or something so I need to check it. They cleared the codes and everything is running fine now but the guy helping me out said that it will most likely happen again. However, I can put the OEM filter back on and bring it in and they can do a more thorough check since everything is still under warranty.

Anyone else ever have this issue? It seems weird that it would be giving me issues now and not a month or two after I replaced the filter and removed the symposer. Thanks for the help. :big smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same issue with my ST

1 - 2 of 2 Posts