Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here:

I drive a 2014 Ford Focus ST. A slight clicking noise started a day ago. The engine light also came on. The Code is p0012 (camshaft position timing bank 1). I feel this is due to low oil levels due to a leak that I did not know about. (Note: The oil light never came on.) Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know what to do? Please help. John Charles Stamm

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
How low is the oil? The clicking noise is the springs in the actuator retracting (Does it on fresh build motors with no oil in them when turned over by hand) It could be a number of things. Low oil, bad phaser, bad phaser solenoid, position sensor, timing chain or tensioner. I would change the oil and clear the code and see what happens first

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Slstomper

I added 2.5 -to-3 quarts to get it up to normal. I honestly don't drive that hard. Other people have told me to change the oil also.... I'm worried about damaged camshaft or timing being off.... i don't want a ruined engine

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Wow it was low. That should be it. Drive it and see what it does. Now why your oil light didn't come on I don't know it should have being 3 qrts low

1 - 4 of 4 Posts