Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sooo I installed a catless downpipe on my ST. Overall the exhaust is louder, the turbo is a lot more audible and I can smell the fumes when I step out of the car. Which is all fine...however, when my thermostat says high and my oil temp goes up then that’s when I started feeling skeptical about my installation. I had no problems before but now it’s giving me problems. Whenever I stop at a light my engine heat goes down. If I cut the car off and 15minutes later it’s back to normal. But once I begin driving it raises back up to high. Idk if I need a new intercooler or if I just have to get the tune right away, or better oil, or what? What do y’all think?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, sooo I installed a catless downpipe on my ST. Overall the exhaust is louder, the turbo is a lot more audible and I can smell the fumes when I step out of the car. Which is all fine...however, when my thermostat says high and my oil temp goes up then that’s when I started feeling skeptical about my installation. I had no problems before but now it’s giving me problems. Whenever I stop at a light my engine heat goes down. If I cut the car off and 15minutes later it’s back to normal. But once I begin driving it raises back up to high. Idk if I need a new intercooler or if I just have to get the tune right away, or better oil, or what? What do y’all think? (ADD ON) Also, when I step on the gas and and really give it some gas sometimes the car doesn’t allow me to give it full throttle.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,957 Posts
Stop driving the car. Check your coolant level. If your coolant level is low, find the leak. If the level fine, others have had an issue with the grille shutters sticking closed causing the engine to overheat. You can look through the lower bumper opening with a flashlight and see the grille shutters.

Reactions: SmithD36

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stop driving the car. Check your coolant level. If your coolant level is low, find the leak. If the level fine, others have had an issue with the grille shutters sticking closed causing the engine to overheat. You can look through the lower bumper opening with a flashlight and see the grille shutters.
My coolant levels were fine I just had to open the cap so it would go in. And my 02 sensor is throwing a code. So I should be getting the tune in about a month or so

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,957 Posts
If you get a tune with an overheating engine, you're going to melt it down to the ground.

Check your grille shutters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get a tune with an overheating engine, you're going to melt it down to the ground.

Check your grille shutters.
Yea ive melted it down to the ground. sooo i sent my head off to be machined and replaced the gasket and all other neccesary seals/gaskets in accordance with the repair.

·
Registered
14 cobb ap strat tune 93 Oct FBO IMspacer catchcans pcvplate oilcooler coilovers shortshifter rmm
93 Posts
Can't say he didn't tell you so. Very odd thread If I must say. Goodluck with the rest of your tuning and rebuilding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts