Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been dealing with a leaking transmission in my '14 ST1. Not a crazy leak, but enough to ruin the bushings in my RMM. (or at least i think so. My boomba mount was trashed in 10k miles, so hopefully the leak would explain why.) I already replaced the seal and its still leaking, maybe not as bad though. When I first bought the car I had to put in a new cv axle because the old one was broken. My main concern is that the axle isn't all the way seated into the transmission, even though this was as far as I could get it to slide in. Does anyone know if this is the proper gap into the transmission once fully installed? Or maybe a different reason why its leaking? Its hard to imagine my brand new seal has already gone bad. Thanks for your input!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,596 Posts
For starters, are you 100% positive That the leak is from that seal and not something above it?

If it is in fact this seal, It would be nice to have this replacement axle sitting next to the OEM axle, so you could compare the diameter of the sealing surface of both axles with a dial caliper to make sure they're Exactly The same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep just double checked this morning. No wetness above the halfshaft/seal, but definitely some weeping just below the seal. It already had a non-oem axle when I bought the car. I put in autozone replacement pn:B14311N. Do all of these cars have that gap between the half shaft and output on the trans?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
yeah i could tell that axle wasnt OEM, the original parts dont get thinner like that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts