Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Love that color! Not so much on the wheels, they look futuristic. Just not my taste but looks great!

· Registered
350 Posts
The wheels are the regular version of the ones custom made 3 piece wheels for Ken Block AWD mustang in gymkana 7.. The version available to the public..

After going to SEMA the last 4 years now and mainly for the FRS\BRZ platform, seeing custom one off cars, custom work and all... I was very disappointed in the ST's I saw.. Don't get me wrong, they are all nice cars, better then what I have.. But almost all the same, bagged, wheels and bolt ons.. Nothing custom or one off from what I could see.. Again, I'm not knocking the,.. Just went there this year focused (pardon the pun) on the Focus and didn't see anything really that I haven't seen on here..

View attachment image.jpeg

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The wheels are the regular version of the ones custom made 3 piece wheels for Ken Block AWD mustang in gymkana 7.. The version available to the public..

After going to SEMA the last 4 years now and mainly for the FRS\BRZ platform, seeing custom one off cars, custom work and all... I was very disappointed in the ST's I saw.. Don't get me wrong, they are all nice cars, better then what I have.. But almost all the same, bagged, wheels and bolt ons.. Nothing custom or one off from what I could see.. Again, I'm not knocking the,.. Just went there this year focused (pardon the pun) on the Focus and didn't see anything really that I haven't seen on here..

View attachment 116069
I can respect that but just so you know, we only get about 3 months to do these cars so we are limited in what we can do and since they have to be painted you chew up a good portion of your time in tear down prep and paint. I think this quote from the write up about our car from the guys over at FocusRush says it best lol.

It’s like the hot chick that is confident she looks good and doesn’t have a massive gallery of duckface selfies in a dirty bathroom, and at the same time, can run circles around you at gym.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Not a fan of the wheels but dat color! Oh how I wish Ford did a comp orange ST... I wanted a comp orange Terminator till I found out ridiculously priced the unicorns were. Really liking the metallic orange though.

· Registered
350 Posts
I can respect that but just so you know, we only get about 3 months to do these cars so we are limited in what we can do and since they have to be painted you chew up a good portion of your time in tear down prep and paint. I think this quote from the write up about our car from the guys over at FocusRush says it best lol.
I just seen this, I didn't mean any disrespect.. Again, all the cars there are better then what my daily is.. I was just shocked at the lack of custom one off stuff.. Though y'all won big time in the paint department.. That orange was amazing.. I know some guys have limited build time, like y'all did... But I just was hoping to find those one off cars.. In the FRS community, we already have guys starting the new builds for next year and what not.. Granted these guys use the car for the main source of business and marketing and y'all have the mustang and other models.. I'd like to ride in a bagged ST.. The 86 platform rides like crap on bags.. Because I love a hatch that sits on the ground with tires tucked..

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I just seen this, I didn't mean any disrespect.. Again, all the cars there are better then what my daily is.. I was just shocked at the lack of custom one off stuff.. Though y'all won big time in the paint department.. That orange was amazing.. I know some guys have limited build time, like y'all did... But I just was hoping to find those one off cars.. In the FRS community, we already have guys starting the new builds for next year and what not.. Granted these guys use the car for the main source of business and marketing and y'all have the mustang and other models.. I'd like to ride in a bagged ST.. The 86 platform rides like crap on bags.. Because I love a hatch that sits on the ground with tires tucked..
Non taken at all. I was just saying if we had more time we would of love to gone totally crazy with it but by the time the car got to us it just didn't leave us a lot of time to do anything really crazy. As far as the color goes yes this thing is just sick. It has so many different faces depending on the lighting. Now as far as next year goes I don't know what if anything has in store just quite yet and thinking about it now, I wonder if you saw our SEMA build from last year. This one had more time because we had everything here already which gave us more time to play and make things work. I'll throw some pictured down below and as well as a couple other links.

Video: JUMP TO 2:36!

https://blog.cjponyparts.com/2014/11/project-5030-unveiled-sema-2014/

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.