Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 ST3. My wife hates the seats and the lower side bolsters do not work for me.

Has anyone swapped out other Focus seats which are more comfortable? I'd like to be able to find ones with the heated seats.

Thank you.

·
Registered
547 Posts
There is a thread on how to remove the hard side plastic inserts that make them uncomfortable. I did mine about 1 year ago. You will not regret it. 1 st one takes about a hour. Second one will go quicker. You can also put a 1" foam on the seat part for added comfort. Your manhood will also appreciate the extra space to open your legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Reactions: Unfitproduct

·
Super Moderator
9,491 Posts
Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you post them for trade only for ST1 seats and whatever amount of cash if any, I'm sure you'll be to do that trade pretty quickly. I have a friend who I'm pretty sure has a titanium, I'll ask, but he may be interested in a swap if you are. Let me know, I think he's in Cleveland area now so he's not astronomically far away

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not a very "wide" person and the problem is just at my hips. I'm think that maybe the seat mod which was mentioned may be the best way to go.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I see a lot of these threads and each time I don't feel so bad about not having the Recaros.

That being said, at 160lbs, I'd still love to have a set instead of the standard seats.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
One of the reasons I went with the ST1 was the cloth seats. I just don't like leather seats. I never tried the Recaros though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
See I was swayed to the ST because of the seats, guess many of you aren't used to "racing" style seats, that hold you close, and whisper sweet words to you.
I love them, the only person I know who doesn't is my 6'6, 280 lb step dad, that makes sense though.

I am 6 foot and about 210 and I fit very comfortably in these, maybe seat position should be discussed, that can change a lot of things too.

I would never have bought an ST1, those seats are so ****ty looking!

·
Registered
547 Posts
The one thing I do like about them, is you can't slouch and slide down on long drives. it keeps you back straight, the side bolsters area little extreme, and if you are wide body they can be snug!!

First time my wife got outof the car the bolster went up the crack of her ass. (needless to say she said, how long do you plane to keep this??)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
My wife hates the seats, even after I cut the bottom bolsters off. I have wide hips but am not real heavy. They pressed into the hip bones and were uncomfortable on long drives. They are perfect after taking them out but the wifey poo still hates them. Says something about being assaulted every time she gets out of the car. It's easy enough to do and one of the best mods I have done.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have never figured out why people say they fit tight. Im 300lbs and love my recaros. Even on my 4 hour cross state roadtrips lol. Although I'm sure an st1 guy will trade you seats. Shouldn't be too hard

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have sat in quite a few different racing seats with all sort of different bolstering setups and as soon as i sat in the ST Recaro's I hated them. I was disappointed because i really liked the look over the ST1 seats. It seems like guys and gals with a wider hip/lower body dont fit as well regardless of weight and height..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The full leather Recaros were a MUST for me when purchasing my ST. I'm 6' - 6'1" and about 170-175 with decently broad shoulders and I LOVE the seats and have no issues with them.

BUT. You have to follow the guide on Recaro's website to properly position them. If you position them the way you "are used to" and it causes an issue with lumbar support or your legs getting "pinched" at the bottom under the wheel then the guide might help you. If you're too wide, then there isn't any adjustment next to swapping or cutting the "fins" in them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts