Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I will likely be ordering some new brakes in the coming days...I'm interested in the "mountune RS-R" brake pads developed in conjunction with Hawk; I will need both Front and Rear sets.

Can you tell me whether they are an in-stock item? I'll be in a tight time-frame to get them put on the car in time for an upcoming track day (Aug 13th), so I want to do my best to avoid re-stocking type delays.

Also, it seems the S&H and Taxes will be $0.00 if I purchase both F and R together, but can you confirm that for me? The ship to zip will be 33071.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
A bump for this thread. Hey @[email protected] I was thinking about buying the RS-R brake pads both front and rear possibly soon. My question is whether or not they'll have fitment problems on a early build 14 ST. I just put on 17x8 OZ wheels so that's why I'm concerned. I don't think they should have any problems but doesn't hurt to make sure before I buy them right? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Had new OEM front rotors installed, along with the Mountune RS-R front pads. I bedded them in per the Hawk HPS instructions, and with one week on the new rotors and pads, I'm very happy with their performance. The brake dust is almost non-existant, pedal feedback is awesome. They don't have the initial skittish bite that the OEM pads had, but stopping power and brake feel is excellent. I would definitely say I'm pleased with them, and will no doubt be putting them on the rear once the OEM pads are gone.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Had new OEM front rotors installed, along with the Mountune RS-R front pads. I bedded them in per the Hawk HPS instructions, and with one week on the new rotors and pads, I'm very happy with their performance. The brake dust is almost non-existant, pedal feedback is awesome. They don't have the initial skittish bite that the OEM pads had, but stopping power and brake feel is excellent. I would definitely say I'm pleased with them, and will no doubt be putting them on the rear once the OEM pads are gone.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're pleased with our brake pads. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts