Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
So I ordered a CP-E Race Red cold air induction from CJ Pony Parts about a week ago. They had no problem doing a pre-authorization on my card, which locks up $400.00 on my account. But when I got the confirmation email I find out the part is on back-order w/ no anticipated fulfillment date. I went to their site and did the online chat and found out it won't be available until the beginning of May. It is not listed on the site as being on back-order, which would have been nice to know. All I got out of the chat was beginning of May, anything else I can help with?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your order but if it doesn't say In Stock on the website then it's backordered. I just pulled up the three we sell in the Red and only 1 of the 3 show in stock so I am assuming you are trying to order one of the two not in stock? If you want to shoot me a PM with your order number I can get it to one of my sales guy to give me some more info.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I spent a lot of my day today with discussing things with Steve. After a few PMs and some checking on his end we found out the item is back-ordered until June. So they, with my agreement. switched to black and will ship today.

Steve, thanks for your support in this matter and I'm glad we came to a resolution.

·
Registered
666 Posts
So I spent a lot of my day today with discussing things with Steve. After a few PMs and some checking on his end we found out the item is back-ordered until June. So they, with my agreement. switched to black and will ship today.

Steve, thanks for your support in this matter and I'm glad we came to a resolution.
Glad I could be of service and thank you for giving me a chance to work with you on this.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Over the years I have bought more parts than I had ever expected from a lot of our vendors for my ST.

I would like to state that I have always found CJPP to be great to work with.

The real point I would like to make is that sometimes we all get a bit ahead of ourselves and that includes myself. I am in manufacturing and know that sometimes the smallest misinterpretation can snowball quickly. If I could suggest to all and not have this seem directed to anyone, take a deep breath and see what you can work out with a vendor off the forum and reserve a public audience for when a vendor needs to be called out.

As I said, my comments are not to be considered disparaging to the OP but simply using this post as an example.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over the years I have bought more parts than I had ever expected from a lot of our vendors for my ST.

I would like to state that I have always found CJPP to be great to work with.

The real point I would like to make is that sometimes we all get a bit ahead of ourselves and that includes myself. I am in manufacturing and know that sometimes the smallest misinterpretation can snowball quickly. If I could suggest to all and not have this seem directed to anyone, take a deep breath and see what you can work out with a vendor off the forum and reserve a public audience for when a vendor needs to be called out.

As I said, my comments are not to be considered disparaging to the OP but simply using this post as an example.
I don't disagree. I lost my patience quicker than I normally do. I do appreciate Steve working with me on this, it was frustration on my end.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I hate seeing this kind of thread. A good vendor and long time supporter of the ST getting slammed before even talking to them. Especially when this was not a part issue, but user error.
No, chat is not talking it is typing, pickup the phone and call. I just don't get the modern day aversion to talking to people.

I've never had a problem with any vendor on this site, then again I pick up the phone and call in my orders most of the time. The more expensive the part the more likely I'm going to phone in my order.

I've had a problem with a part or 2 but that is a completely different situation.

The OP should contact the Admins for this forum to have the title of this thread changed to "great customer service".

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate seeing this kind of thread. A good vendor and long time supporter of the ST getting slammed before even talking to them. Especially when this was not a part issue, but user error.
No, chat is not talking it is typing, pickup the phone and call. I just don't get the modern day aversion to talking to people.

I've never had a problem with any vendor on this site, then again I pick up the phone and call in my orders most of the time. The more expensive the part the more likely I'm going to phone in my order.

I've had a problem with a part or 2 but that is a completely different situation.

The OP should contact the Admins for this forum to have the title of this thread changed to "great customer service".
I did jump to a conclusion, that is true and mentioned. However you were not part of the chat I had with a representative nor do you know what was said, with the vendor before I decided to post. It was after the post that Steve jumped in an rectified the situation, which I appreciate, and also stated.

I'll consider contacting the Admins, but thanks for bringing up your concerns on a matter I thought was closed.

Reactions: DoubleD

·
Premium Member
487 Posts

If you reread the previous few posts before yours, the OP acknowledged several things and the OP as the rest of us with recent replies or at least myself considered it put to rest. Perhaps the OP may consider having the thread removed. But that is his choice.

I have been on this forum for quite a while and ultimately this did not end up as some of the absurd threads in the early days of the forum, which it easily could have had not the OP replied to all as he has. As such , no one needs to get filleted here or it brings us all back to those early days that should be put in the past. I do agree with you that if someone does something egregious, they should be called out, but it appears cooler heads had prevailed here and not the case.

·
Administrator
12,607 Posts
I did jump to a conclusion, that is true and mentioned. However you were not part of the chat I had with a representative nor do you know what was said, with the vendor before I decided to post. It was after the post that Steve jumped in an rectified the situation, which I appreciate, and also stated.

I'll consider contacting the Admins, but thanks for bringing up your concerns on a matter I thought was closed.
Lmk what you want to do. I can edit the title or whatever you'd like in this case. Since it was a bit preemptive.

This stuff happens.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lmk what you want to do. I can edit the title or whatever you'd like in this case. Since it was a bit preemptive.

This stuff happens.
Thank you. If you wouldn't mind just make the title "Order issue resolved". Appreciate it.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
666 Posts
No need for arguments. OP had and issue, it was brought to my attention and we solved it. At the end of the day, the OP's needs were fulfilled and he was happy with the outcome, better yet a s**t show was averted (we all know how these threads can spiral out of control). I'm closing this thread as it serves no purpose anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.