Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this as my first car about a month ago and finished most of the maintenance it needed. I’m planning to throughly wash and detail the car, but I was curious if anyone else has had this similar gunk build up that’s on my car. I attached some pictures, and if anyone knows what would work best to remove it would be much appreciated.
Automotive tire Wood Composite material Gas Tints and shades
Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Automotive exterior
Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Hood Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bought this as my first car about a month ago and finished most of the maintenance it needed. I’m planning to throughly wash and detail the car, but I was curious if anyone else has had this similar gunk build up that’s on my car. I attached some pictures, and if anyone knows what would work best to remove it would be much appreciated.
Based on the locations that I see including the door jambs, that is a rust-proofing spray like Ziebart or something similar.
It's a #$#$% to clean off, and you wouldn't want to anyway. It's unfortunately sticky due to it's nature and attracts garbage and looks like hell. There's not much you can do other than enjoy it NOT rusting out.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ah ok thanks, I appreciate the help, should’ve done some more research before I bought it.
It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Most people don't spend the money to get this done and it does make a difference.
Also, look on your door jambs and inner panels to see if you have any plastic plugs. If you do, those were the holes that were drilled to get the wand inside the panels to spray the rust-proofing goo on the inside.

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah man that’s a good thing. I’m a helicopter mechanic and I put on different corrosion preventative compounds on certain spots, and especially the undercarriage. I started doing it worth my last car and made a huge difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts