Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my Boomba BOV but having some issues with it sticking. Still need to remove it and take a look at it, thinking it may require cleaning. That being said, I'm not keen on the idea of having to remove it and clean it every 6 months.

I've started researching other options and I'm liking what I read and hear about the HKS BOV kits and hoping to get some feedback from those that have one installed. I'm also liking the fact that it looks as if the HKS get the BOV up higher and away from the ground.
I'm stock turbo Cobb stage 1 tuned with Cobb CAI and RMM.
Also any pics of your installs would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Love my Boomba BOV but having some issues with it sticking. Still need to remove it and take a look at it, thinking it may require cleaning. That being said, I'm not keen on the idea of having to remove it and clean it every 6 months.

I've started researching other options and I'm liking what I read and hear about the HKS BOV kits and hoping to get some feedback from those that have one installed. I'm also liking the fact that it looks as if the HKS get the BOV up higher and away from the ground.
I'm stock turbo Cobb stage 1 tuned with Cobb CAI and RMM.
Also any pics of your installs would be appreciated.
Have you contacted @Boomba Racing about this issue? Mine has never been cleaned as well as most others with this BOV and works flawlessly without ever sticking, so that's odd.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you contacted @Boomba Racing about this issue? Mine has never been cleaned as well as most others with this BOV and works flawlessly without ever sticking, so that's odd.
Yes I have and they they told me that some of their customers who live in dusty areas have needed to clean them. They also offered for me to send it in for them to look at. Issue with sending it in for me is I don't have my stock one anymore.
I love my Boomba and I hate the location of it and just looking at options.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
613 Posts
HKS is a good bov... the sound with the default insert gets annoying to me. But you can always remove it. My biggest issue is the $$$$ cold pipe kits just so you can mount the thing. But on stock charge pipes there's not really a great way around it. There's not a ton of space, but it's possible to weld a flange onto the stock hotside pipe right after the turbo. May or may not be a good option for you depending on if you want to keep your stock stuff untouched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts