Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I know there's been a 100 questions on suspension. My scenario is that picked up my focus st 2013 with 80,000km on it (50000 miles?).. it's a little high mileage but I want to start building it. I really want to get ride of the wheel gap. I'm coming from a Genesis couple that was bagged, but coil overs before. I'm not going crazy with the focus as its my daily and I want to keep a clean stock look. I'm thinking eibach sportlines or the Cobb springs. I'm worried about strut life. I know all lowering Springs will decrease the life but if I get 2 to 3 years out of the struts and lowering springs I'll be satisfied. Only looking for an inch to an inch and a half lowering. I'm hearing the Cobb springs are a little easier on the struts. I've had eibach pro lines before and they drove well but weren't low enough on the car I had them on.

Any opinions ?

Once again I know coils are the best choice but at the time I don't want them and don't want to go that low. Just a daily with no wheel gap :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you have 50,000 miles on that car with stock struts, you don't need lowering springs to kill them...they're already dead.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Mountune Clubsport or Bilstein B14 would be my recommendations. Both offer similar ride quality to stock which makes them ideal for a daily driver.

Clubsport is a preassembled strut/spring combo so it's pretty straightforward to install, and requires no adjustment. They also come with all the required hardware to replace the one-use parts on the stock suspension.

B14's are a coilover, and can go lower than the Clubsports. Plus they can be had for cheaper than the Clubsports, I've seen up to $100 less. But they don't come with top hats/bearings, so you'd either have to reuse your stock ones or order new ones (what I'd recommend since you have 50k on the car), and you'll also need new mounting hardware.

I personally have the B14's and absolutely love them. The car is sitting exactly where I want it and the ride is barely stiffer than stock, but feels much more level in corners.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hey guys,

I know there's been a 100 questions on suspension. My scenario is that picked up my focus st 2013 with 80,000km on it (50000 miles?).. it's a little high mileage but I want to start building it. I really want to get ride of the wheel gap. I'm coming from a Genesis couple that was bagged, but coil overs before. I'm not going crazy with the focus as its my daily and I want to keep a clean stock look. I'm thinking eibach sportlines or the Cobb springs. I'm worried about strut life. I know all lowering Springs will decrease the life but if I get 2 to 3 years out of the struts and lowering springs I'll be satisfied. Only looking for an inch to an inch and a half lowering. I'm hearing the Cobb springs are a little easier on the struts. I've had eibach pro lines before and they drove well but weren't low enough on the car I had them on.

Any opinions ?

Once again I know coils are the best choice but at the time I don't want them and don't want to go that low. Just a daily with no wheel gap :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
If you have 50,000 miles on that car with stock struts, you don't need lowering springs to kill them...they're already dead.
what he said^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts