Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its about time that I post here after being a long time lurker, like seriously long time

A lil bout myself
I've got a 2013 ST3 in Tuxedo Black and have been loving it ever since I bought it used almost 3 years ago. Even after the blown motor(driver, me, stupidity). I've made lots of friends cause this car came into my life

Currently my mods go as follows:
MeganRacing Downpipe
Resonator Delete(i guess this is a mod?)
Roush Full Intake
TurboSmart 50/50 BOV
AP with a Strat Tune
Wing Risers(forgot which brand)
Maxton Designs Wing extension

I'm looking for opinions on built motor parts and tips as i still have my blown motor, wheels, different types of coilovers, overall opinion on TBPerformance chasis upgrades, and possibly some cosmetic mods and protections(I lived in NYC with the car for 2 years and am in progress of looking for paint correction and related solutions)
None of these are in order, just what I thought of off the top of my head.

Any and all help is much appreciated!! Thank y'all ahead of time

1596322308716.jpeg

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
With respect to the TB Performance chassis upgrades...

I have the Gusset, Crossmember, and Rear Traction Bar. The chassis did stiffen up noticeably after install. My wife will confirm as she says it’s a bumpier & more stomach jolting ride.

Although I’m slowly building a race car, I don’t really drive it like one. I can’t speak to their effect on wheel hop, torque steer, etc.. I trust the others testimony who’ve said the chassis braces truly help.

Nevertheless, I did conscientiously do a few hard launches prior to upgrading the RMM....the CPE stage 2 mount did seem to noticeably reduce wheel spin on stand still launches.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did the Cobb RMM but I think they are all the same. Between that and the TB performance 4 point gusset, wheel hop and torque steer are almost gone in my 16’. I did the white line rear sway bar with JBR end links and it feels so much more solid on the highway in the rear. Those are the chassis mods I wish I did when I first got the car instead of almost a year later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts