Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time owning a Ford car... and what a gem! Last week I picked up a 2015 ST3, in Magnetic Metal (really dig the color) with only 15K miles. The previous owner had added a Cobb cold air intake, a Cobb V3(?) Access Port and deleted the sound symposer. The one unexpected, but over the moon with feature is the line-in connection inside the armrest storage. I can plug and play my old MP3 players with a ton of my music loaded up.

I have had a couple of Ford trucks in the past and yeah, got to admit it, a minivan when the kids were young. My first car was a 1972 MG Midget (British Racing Green, of course) and have been hooked on sports/sporty cars ever since. All the cars I've bought just for myself have been manual transmissions. My dead car sitting in the driveway is a 2002 Civic Si 3 door with 190K on the clock. Too bad she dropped her tranny, otherwise I'd still be driving it, but my mechanic gave me a heads up time was drawing nigh. Did you know that “nigh” is a really short amount of time? Thus my search began for another hot hatch.

I never knew about the ST until a couple of months ago and immediately became intrigued. After reading reviews, a bunch of youtube videos and yes, lurking here, the short list became one. I only had three criteria 1) had to have the full leather Recaro's, 2) exterior could be any color except black or blue and 3) 2015-2016 model years, everything else was on the table.

I’m 59 years old and am a native born Tar Heel, living in Raleigh. However, I have traveled a fair amount and lived in London UK for 7 years, while in my 40’s, but yet, North Carolina is home for me. I like to ride my bicycle and have a hands-free leash (Walky Dog) mounted on the seat post so my 6 year old black GSD can run along with me. I've thrown competitive darts in my city league since the late 80's. I like a shot of tequila every now and then (no training wheels thank you) and will take a toke. Been with the same woman for the last 8 years too.

There are only a few things I want to do with the car. Not in any particular order, get the spacer for the accelerator pedal, a short shifter (5th and 6th are kinda long throws), a car cover, set of mud guards and a different sounding horn, preferably an alpine sounding one, think northern Italy cars. Oh, I might snag that ST carbon fiber shifter knob one day too. Other than that, I have no sound reason to mod the car for the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome! I just left Raleigh a year ago, but absolutely loved it there and hope to have a spot in the mountains down there one day when I get old. Sounds like you picked up the car you wanted and should have some fun with it!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Greetings from Oregon.

Sounds like you're going to have fun with your new prize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts