Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed lately that my oil pressure when the car turns on is not as high as it used to. When i used to live in California when i first had the car it will reach max while driving and then drop when the oil warms up. Now when i turn the car on it only gets to 3/4 and when it warms up it drops below 1/4 while idling, when im accelerating it goes up to 1/2.

On the other hand my oil temperature now gets above 1/2 faster than before. In the past the only time it reached above 1/2 was doing 90 on the way to vegas. now i get to 1/2 on daily driving. When I had a long road trip from California to Texas it reached above 3/4 while speeding and more than 1/2 at cruising.

I do oil changes at the dealer, its 2016 with 52k on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,640 Posts
The oil temp. indicator is not accurate, and is only a calculation - same goes for the oil pressure. How long ago did you change your oil out at the dealer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I read more, I think I found the issue, I noticed that my AGS is half broken, some plates are lose, and I always see it shut. Even when it's 110 degrees outside and the car is warm and AC is on. I think that's the main reason for the oil temperature increase hince oil pressure decrease.

Any easy way to get this fixed without removing the bumper ?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
When I read more, I think I found the issue, I noticed that my AGS is half broken, some plates are lose, and I always see it shut. Even when it's 110 degrees outside and the car is warm and AC is on. I think that's the main reason for the oil temperature increase hince oil pressure decrease.

Any easy way to get this fixed without removing the bumper ?
You can pull out the front grille if there is no license plate holder, otherwise you have to remove that first by drilling out the rivets. Then you can reach in and yank out the AGS slats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have license plate holder. So you are saying remove them one by one. Actually half of them are out of place and the bottom quarter is stuck open. So might as well

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
slats will come out with no other work...I pulled mine off in the dealer lot and gave them to the sales guy 😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Videos of removing the whole system looks painful but I guess y'all are right just remove the slats.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,098 Posts
But I cannot reach the top ones. These are stuck closed. All bottom ones are broken open
Truthfully, pulling the nose off of the car is quite easy; watch any of the intercooler install videos on You Tube and you can get a lesson on nose removal. The first time I did mine it took about 45 minutes to remove; now I can get it off in 15 or 20 minutes.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I cannot reach the top ones. These are stuck closed. All bottom ones are broken open
Unfortunately I don't have a garage, I have to fix this in phoenix apartments parking lot.

I found the issue. The slates have came off the bar. One top one is loose from one side and all bottom ones came out.

·
Super Moderator
10,098 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have a garage, I have to fix this in phoenix apartments parking lot.

I found the issue. The slates have came off the bar. One top one is loose from one side and all bottom ones came out.
The first time I did mine was in an apartment parking lot; now I do have the luxury of either my car port or 2 car garage. You Can Do It!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got them stuck open. Now I'm going to take a ride to the mountains in around 100f and see if it stays cool. Oil color is normal, oil level is a little low, but still normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,640 Posts
I got them stuck open. Now I'm going to take a ride to the mountains in around 100f and see if it stays cool. Oil color is normal, oil level is a little low, but still normal.
Is your AGS motor working? I wouldn't be surprised if it's throwing a code if you scanned it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts