Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pretty new ST owner, very excited about that, but I've noticed when I'm driving that my boost gauge doesn't move at all. The other gauges in the instrument cluster work fine so I'm concerned on what is could be that's causing ONLY the boost gauge to not read anything. If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate a little knowledge. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
I'm a pretty new ST owner, very excited about that, but I've noticed when I'm driving that my boost gauge doesn't move at all. The other gauges in the instrument cluster work fine so I'm concerned on what is could be that's causing ONLY the boost gauge to not read anything. If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate a little knowledge. Thank you.
Year?
Mileage?
Complete list of mods?

·
Registered
36 Posts
2013, 92k, and a short throw shifter plate is the only mod
Sounds abit scary I just hope the turbo is not damage but lets not jump ahead thinking. In acceleration whise does trottle increase when you press the gas? You feel some gi force? (My bad not sure how to explain it)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
1. Are you getting boost and the gauge isn’t reading it?
2. Has your boost gauge ever moved or worked in the past?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See that’s the thing I just got the car so idk if it’s ever worked or what it should feel like to technically be in boost. The car goes when I hit the gas no doubt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have noticed my 2018 stock ST rarely rarely shows any boost in first or second gear in normal (un-spirited) driving. I have to pretty much floor it to get it to show any boost. It more easily shows boost in third and fourth gears without flooring it completely, so it may just be your driving style.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have noticed my 2018 stock ST rarely rarely shows any boost in first or second gear in normal (un-spirited) driving. I have to pretty much floor it to get it to show any boost. It more easily shows boost in third and fourth gears without flooring it completely, so it may just be your driving style.
The problem is the 15 up model focus st have a diffrent turbo than 13 and 14. On my 13 focus ST on any gear just puting a quarter amount of gas the turbo kicks in boost goes up to less than a quarter. Flooring to the floor forget it boost is touching red but not pass it.

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
The problem is the 15 up model focus st have a diffrent turbo than 13 and 14. On my 13 focus ST on any gear just puting a quarter amount of gas the turbo kicks in boost goes up to less than a quarter. Flooring to the floor forget it boost is touching red but not pass it.
Nope. The Focus St 2013-2018 only had one turbo. The K03.

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
You sure?? strange though maybe there weight deffrence?
Lol, yes. I am quite involved with this platform for over 5 years at this point. The Ecoboost 2.0 in the focus ST 2013-2018 has only lived as a single scroll head with a BW k03 turbo. The 2.0 ecoboost in other platforms became a twin scroll head and different turbo around 2015.

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry man i just saw these but it's a 2013 and im just running 87 octane until i do some mods and have a reason to tune it
Finaly I figured it thats why your turbo is runing low in boost. Our focus ST has a pretty aggressive engine, in order to run high bost and in full power and use all cars whp and wtq even in Bone stock its recomended 93 octain🙌. Also you loose alot of whp and wtq with lower gas than 93 octain and power dies out quicker even in Bone stock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats very strange mine shows all the time I just press a quarter amount of gas in any gear and my turbo is quarter up. Also Im bone stock and I have a 2013 focus st.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts