Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST (ST2 package)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about the oil pressure. Does any one know if the reading from the factory triple g. is accurate? I have a 2017 with nearly 40k miles on it. To me, it always seemed to measure on the low side at least compared to other vehicles. I drive a weekly commute of 240 miles of which about 170 is interstate with CC set around 77 or 78 mph giving me about 2900rpm. This past week while at that setting I noticed the needle a little below the half mark which should be 35 psi if the top line is 70 psi. The car came with the maintenance contract; so all oil changes have been at 5000 mile intervals done at a Ford dealer. I have noticed in the past that when I get near the 5000 miles the oil is looking darker, and maybe temperature a little hotter with pressure a little lower. During my last trip the oil temperature stayed at the half way mark and the outside temperature was about 74 degrees F. Since I just had my last free oil change I plan on doing future changes myself using Amsoil XL series 5w30. I don't like the fact that the car is running at that high of an RPM cruising down the interstate. I have one kid with a 2019 VW GTI (6 speed man) and it revs about 500 rpm lower for the same speed. My other kid has a 2019 Cherokee with the V6 and 9 speed auto which revs much lower having 9 gears (about 1500 or 1700 rpm at 80mph. I guess my main concern is that when the car gets double the mileage on it that it maintains oil pressure and doesn't decrease.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My st starts out 3/4 of the way up and continues to fall as the oil warms. Usually stops at the 1/4 mark I believe. Your good.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
With 40,000 miles on it. Since you're doing your own maintenance. I'd recommend changing the tranny oil. If it's never been changed. I recommend motul multi dctf. I changed mine at about 10,000 miles and it shifts much smoother. if you do do it word of advice fill it through the plug on top of the tranny by the shift arm. It's much easier.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
Different cars sit at different levels.. Hell my 650awhp stealth rt tt at idle sits at like 1-2psi lol. I use Rotella T6 (5w-40) on the ST and it went up slightly at hwy speeds...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Different cars sit at different levels.. Hell my 650awhp stealth rt tt at idle sits at like 1-2psi lol. I use Rotella T6 (5w-40) on the ST and it went up slightly at hwy speeds...
ahhhh yes...the 3s dual purpose “oil pressure/tachometer“ 😂

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
ahhhh yes...the 3s dual purpose “oil pressure/tachometer“ 😂
Lol. we ditched those crappy 'maybe' gauges.. got some nice Prosport ones instead...fit right into those holes.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
sorry for thread jacking...back on topic..

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
LoL...Had the EXACT same gauges, just in reverse order!

(and I think the thread is done)

😬

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
I think it is also.

.. pain in the ass to install. but worth it... just got our ported and polished heads back from the machine shop..putting those on this weekend and its back to the dyno after that..we want more BOOST! this should max out the turbos.. and we will call it good.. its a total sleeper.

This is how it sits even to this day. this is when we picked it up, paid $4200.00.. .So much fun blowing the doors off zo6's and just about everything else. everyone wants to race a stock looking car..... lol

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Awesome...and if you ever need parts for that thing let me know.

there’s a guy in Medford (affectionately called Doctor Larry) that has enough parted out 3s cars that you could bolt together no less than a dozen, with all the blocks/trans/tcase pieces he has laying around!

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
anything after market? we have replaced just about everything... unless he has a 6 spd tranny!? LOVE the Getrag!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
No, mostly stock parts.

and yes he has more than a few 6speeds...and the Tcase to go with!

EDIT...he also has the shifter, I believe you have to have the 6speed cables to do it right

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
No, mostly stock parts.

and yes he has more than a few 6speeds...and the Tcase to go with!

EDIT...he also has the shifter, I believe you have to have the 6speed cables to do it right
that is absolutely correct...he may have the last one for sale in the US lol

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
cool thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Do you have any of the stuff, or do you need the whole sha-bang?

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
we have nothing associated to swap a 6 spd in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts