Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the shop pages or anything? I have a JBR pan baffle and BSD on the way, just want to know if there is anything I need to know other than not using a screw driver to pull it off. Any help or tips appreciated.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Anyone have the shop pages or anything? I have a JBR pan baffle and BSD on the way, just want to know if there is anything I need to know other than not using a screw driver to pull it off. Any help or tips appreciated.
Loosen the AC compressor. Makes life a lot easier

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will say I will have a fair amount of parts off the car at the time of install. I'm doing coilovers and an oil cooler at the same time, so it will be on jack stands for a while as I'm working on it and I'm not scurred to take **** apart.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Administrator
11,908 Posts
Take the A/C mount stud out its like a 4mm hex, roll the compressor of its indexing dowels and out of your way.

Theres an area on the back side of the motor that is the easiest to pry at. The oil pan has a protruding area, you can leverage a claw hammer, claw on the protrusion, against the intermediate drive shaft. It works great. Pops her right off.

Reactions: SIstomper
1 - 5 of 5 Posts