Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just recently purchased a 2013 ST2 and I am performing my first oil change on the vehicle. Two Questions:
1) Can I use a Puralator Boss PBL20195 oil filter? It looks like this is the equivalent to the Motorcraft Fl400S. I Got the Puralator as part of the oil package deal at Advance.
2) I noticed it recommends 5.7 quarts. Would I be ok to use 5 quarts of castrol synthetic and the remaining .7 quarts of marvel mystery oil? Has anyone used this before?
Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
1) Yes, it will be fine. Many of us use the FL400s, so an equivalent will work too.
2) I would not do that. MMO is not the approved viscosity for the motor, nor does it carry the require SAE certification for the engine. A full synthetic 5w-30 is already sufficiently detergent to keep the engine spotless inside.
2.5) With the larger volume filter the change requires exactly 6.0 quarts. I purchase a 5 qt. jug of Mobil 1 plus a single 1 quart bottle. Suggest you do the same with your preferred brand.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Anyone happen to know the Royal Purple equivalent filter to the FL400s? I emailed them yesterday, so far no response, could it be the 20-400, saw somewhere the 20-500 is the FL500s size/thread.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Anyone happen to know the Royal Purple equivalent filter to the FL400s? I emailed them yesterday, so far no response, could it be the 20-400, saw somewhere the 20-500 is the FL500s size/thread.

Royal Purple 20-400 Filter, and then summer I'll use Rotella T6 5w40, the rest of the year I'll switch back to Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic.

Found this in another oil thread, I had looked before I posted but there’s just so many! Anyone else confirm the RP 20-400 works/has same specs as FL400s? Amazon tells me it doesn’t fit my Ford Escape (ST), but then again, according to Amazon, neither does the FL400s.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Found this in another oil thread, I had looked before I posted but there’s just so many! Anyone else confirm the RP 20-400 works/has same specs as FL400s? Amazon tells me it doesn’t fit my Ford Escape (ST), but then again, according to Amazon, neither does the FL400s.
I’ll just keep answering my own question lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts