Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but couldnt find an answer for what I was looking to do. Living in Southern Florida its become readily apparent that I need an oil cooler on my car. Im also putting in an aftermarket gauge setup to replace the factory triple gauge pod. Here is where my problem lies, Mishimoto only makes a thermostatic plate with one additional npt port for sensors, however the non thermostatic plate has two ports for sensors. I feel I need a thermostat so I can get my oil up to operating temps quickly. Can I get the non thermostatic plate and then cut in an inline thermostat? This way I can use the two ports on the non thermostatic plate for my oil pressure and temp sensors and get the benefits of a thermostat as well. Is there any reason why I shouldnt run it this way? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Living in Southern Florida its become readily apparent that I need an oil cooler on my car.
You're saying the fact you live in Florida is the only reason you need an oil cooler? What about your oil temperatures? What are you seeing there? Seems like that would be more of an important decision making point.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I wasnt just saying that living in Florida makes me need an oil cooler. The summer heat consistently having my oil temps around 230-240 is what makes me want an oil cooler. Thats just highway driving. Im looking for advice on how to plumb my system, not questions on why I feel I need what I need.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a tapped sandwich plate and oiler cooler for sale for 80 bucks

Also a triple pod for sale too

Reactions: Pfiles

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I tried searching but couldnt find an answer for what I was looking to do. Living in Southern Florida its become readily apparent that I need an oil cooler on my car. Im also putting in an aftermarket gauge setup to replace the factory triple gauge pod. Here is where my problem lies, Mishimoto only makes a thermostatic plate with one additional npt port for sensors, however the non thermostatic plate has two ports for sensors. I feel I need a thermostat so I can get my oil up to operating temps quickly. Can I get the non thermostatic plate and then cut in an inline thermostat? This way I can use the two ports on the non thermostatic plate for my oil pressure and temp sensors and get the benefits of a thermostat as well. Is there any reason why I shouldnt run it this way? Thanks for the input.
I'd say in Florida you would be fine with a non-thermo plate. However, if you feel you want a thermo, Greddy makes a plate with taps. I have one and please done make me look up the part number.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't think there is room for that???
There is room for that if the fittings are facing the front of the car, problem is Mishimotos thermostatic plate has the npt port facing the oil pan. I know I might get flamed for this, but I went the lazy way and stacked my sandwich plates. Mishimoto on top and gauges on bottom, havent had a single issue with leaks or oil pressure, been on for almost 10k now daily and autoX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts