Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run royal purple with a k&n oil filter.
I was told not to use royal purple, because of the zinc or something along those lines. Can anyone conform this? What oil & filter would you recommend?

(13ST)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Not sure about RP but stick with motorcraft synthetic and motorcraft filter (both oem). The filter is pretty good...you can even "upgrade" to the filter used for the escape (fl-400s or something like that) as its a larger filter but still fits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 (the newer offering in the black bottle) with Motorcraft filter every 5K miles for me.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I have only used motorcraft oil and filters. Almost 70k now and not a single issue.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I use Motorcraft filters and Mobil 1 oil (full synthetic). Used it for the past 17 years with good success. Rebuilt my 03 SVTF motor with 110, 000 miles and only saw Mobil 1 from 2nd oil change. Machine shop asked what oil and how often I change it because the motor looked new, still had cylinder cross hatching, and showed no wear.Changes every 5000-7000 miles. I rebuilt to go forged blower proof...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Royal Purple 20-400 Filter, and then summer I'll use Rotella T6 5w40, the rest of the year I'll switch back to Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The problem with Motorcraft oil is that it quickly breaks down to a lower viscosity. Especially the semi-synthetic.
I hear this a lot from people (this site, mustang forums, and others in general) but I had a Blackstone oil analysis run on mine at about 5,500 miles with a track day and an autocross on it and it came back still in great shape, even recommending going until 7500 for the next oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts