Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My ST has been having the oil change needed alert pop up, but it was last changed by Ford and my next change is due at 23,112 and I am currently at 22,689. Should I have my oil changed or did they just forget to reset the oil change monitor?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not 100% sure. Is that info available on the for site? I want to say it was somewhere around 19,500.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am not 100% sure. Is that info available on the for site? I want to say it was somewhere around 19,500.

There is a service history section at owner.ford.com which may tell you. Honestly your best bet would be to ask the dealership who did the change, it's quite possible they forgot. I was under the belief that the oil change interval started at a much higher mileage than the ~4k miles you are getting, even with heavier use.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Most likely the Ford service dept. did not reset your monitor when they last changed your oil. You can do it yourself and if you're just going to disregard it and change oil at predetermined intervals, then the monitor doesn't matter anyway and you may as well reset it now.

To reset the Oil Service monitor: with car off, press and hold the “start button” with no pedals pressed (get it into ACC mode). Then press both the brake and gas pedal together and hold. The dash will notify you when it's reset.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I was wrong. I had just over 18k at last change. Time for an oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts