Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking into getting one just not sure of what company to go with and what I was looking to get hit with price wise?

·
Administrator
11,874 Posts
So looking into getting one just not sure of what company to go with and what I was looking to get hit with price wise?
Damond OCC is the easiest install, using OEM connectors, and comes with a drain kit and everything. Out of all the OCC's I have worked with, the Damond is still my favorite for ease of use/installation.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very timely post.

I purchased a 17 this month pushing 700 miles and looking at several options for a catch can. I am considering ordering the Mcanlly, however I cant locate the site or post that had a four way 2 clean two dirty side OCC.

Really if your going to install one/two OCC it needs to be able to handle the backside and the front side. Boomba has the stage one / two kits. That will set you back over 500.00 bucks, Mcnally runs 230.0 on amazon shipped.

It would be nice to find the 4 port OCC ... If I do find I will have to post the info .. Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jbr pcv catch can. I think install was about 30-45 minutes. You'll have to delete sound symposer if you have it mounted next to the intake manifold (they will sell you their kit with it for an extra $20) Also came with a check valve for easy draining. Didn't have to remove intake manifold to install. Very happy with it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok but i would really like tho know if I need one or two cans? doing research and it says one for (pcv) and one for (ccv) is this correct?

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok but i would really like tho know if I need one or two cans? doing research and it says one for (pcv) and one for (ccv) is this correct?
Check out the boomba you tube video
it will show you the two locations.

The primary concern should be the Manifold / Crankcase side PCV. CCV is secondary, but should be done as Unfocused responded in an earlier reply.

I am going to front mount my Mcnally OCC sometime this week. I already have the symposer delete so install should be straight forward and provide easy access to drain the can with every oil change.

AS many responded you have a lot of choices and it all comes down to mounting hardware, location in engine bay and ease of draining.

I am putting serious consideration into adding a intake spacer while I am at it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check out the boomba you tube video
it will show you the two locations.

The primary concern should be the Manifold / Crankcase side PCV. CCV is secondary, but should be done as Unfocused responded in an earlier reply.

I am going to front mount my Mcnally OCC sometime this week. I already have the symposer delete so install should be straight forward and provide easy access to drain the can with every oil change.

AS many responded you have a lot of choices and it all comes down to mounting hardware, location in engine bay and ease of draining.

I am putting serious consideration into adding a intake spacer while I am at it.
Okay jbr racing has a can on eBay for 20 bucks is this one the jbr you are talking about? I think 200 is ridiculous for a lil catch can

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts