Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
103 Posts
I do not agree, look at the international pricing for these units, when you do currency exchange they are roughly the same cost. (EDIT: from a quick Google search I did).
When I bought my Mishimoto FMIC I paid $800 for it delivered to the door from an AUS retailer, looking at US sites the cheapest I can find it for is $900 AUD with national delivery. I have found items which we pay about 2/3 of what I could find it on the shelf in the USA.

Also the taxes we pay in Australia contribute to our free medical services which if taken away people would scream, it's a little bit of tax with huge benefit. I could not imagine my life not having that free medical service, we are not the lucky country without reason.
I hear you, all I was referring to was the cost of international shipping to bring stuff over... I like to think of it as our ocean tax!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
all I was referring to was the cost of international shipping to bring stuff over
I am always in the hunt for the lowest price and am a patient person. Usually stuff from China takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks to be delivered but the price is always the cheapest. I ordered a gizmo from the USA last month and shipping was $12AU and got here in 8 days, that's faster than an AU post pack which takes on average 10 days from east to west coast for the same price. You can buy a APv3 from Stratified with a tune included and postage to the door cheaper than buying the APv3 alone from an AU retailer.

I do agree that with large bulky item, freight costs are ridiculous, my approach is to search the net for sellers nationally and internationally then work out what is best in terms of price and warranty, sometimes it is cheaper to import.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok here's one for you, I was about to order a steeda clutch spring from the states... $28au which is not bad, then I was quoted $100+ for international mail wtf!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spent around $35 total on mine. You have to remove the intake to get access to the PCV and intake connection port. Remove the hard rubber hose connecting the PCV to intake. Get the hardest gas rubber hose you can find, seems it will be subject to vacuum and boost. I used the front end support, away from the engine heat. The cooler the location, the more oil condensation you will get. If you get a can with bottom drain will be more convenient, or tap a hole at the bottom and screw a valve or a bolt with a soft washer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Ok here's one for you, I was about to order a steeda clutch spring from the states... $28au which is not bad, then I was quoted $100+ for international mail wtf!
Shop around. I gave an example of an item that is cheaper to import and you give an example of something that is not.

EDIT: why do you feel the need to change your clutch spring? I find the OEM spring feels fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I spent around $35 total on mine. You have to..................
Very nice, someone with intuition. When you say front end support can you describe it more please? That can you have is available in AUS so might be worth considering.
Also is it easy to unscrew and empty in that position or do you need to remove the bottom skid tray to access it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Shop around. I gave an example of an item that is cheaper to import and you give an example of something that is not.

EDIT: why do you feel the need to change your clutch spring? I find the OEM spring feels fine.
I don't like the way the pedal returns under foot, I want it to be linear and I want full control over how it happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I did a little searching and found this.

$80 AUD delivered.

EDIT: shipping is $50 from USA if you visit the steeda.com site. I just halved your shipping costs from the USA.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts