·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Heatshield of my airfilter
Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics, still leaves me wondering. Unfortunately as you may have already guessed I do not have a custom heat shield as you. I was thinking of mounting the can in the same vicinity as you.
Seems I will have to wait for the can to arrive in the mail, then trek down to the hardware store, find a bracket or two then perhaps bend and twist them in my bench vice so they conform.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It is. However if you use the remote drain it isn't necessary. It just gives you clearance to unscrew the can.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
So doe the Radium also just mount to the symposer support bracket hole without any need for modification or removal of intake manifold so long as you buy the remote drain?

·
Premium Member
13,526 Posts
So doe the Radium also just mount to the symposer support bracket hole without any need for modification or removal of intake manifold so long as you buy the remote drain?
Nope. It mounts to the Radiator support. You will also still remove the intake manifold to more easily access the PCV valve.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Nope. It mounts to the Radiator support. You will also still remove the intake manifold to more easily access the PCV valve.

Looks like Damond may be the easiest to install..I dont think they require the intake manifold to be removed?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yeah looks like they both require the intake mani to be moved out of the way, I would just do the 63mm TB install at the same time.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
640 Posts
You must remove the intake to get to the stock pcv line. The bracket on that universal catch can, can be manipulated so it can go anywhere you like the can to be. radiator support, stock airbox, crash bar, stock engine cover, etc.,etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am looking at buying an oil catch can on its own and am wondering how people have mounted theirs. The vehicle is a 2013.
The can by itself is a fraction of a kit price, the downside is the lack of a mounting bracket. My intentions are to mount it high in an easy to reach place so it can be emptied with little effort, also if it is visible then it is more likely to be attended to.
With what have you mounted your can, and where?
Get the JBR Kits, I have both the PCV and Valve Cover Catch Cans. These kits are legit. PCV Can sits under the middle right of the intake tube, and the Valve Cover Canwill require a symposer delete, as it sits right where the vacuum line is on front right of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry to side track my post but I'm interested to know if you people know the PCV to be known as the Pollution Control Valve?

I was born and grew up in the 70's and the PCV was always referred to as the pollution control valve. Prior to the valve rocker covers basically had a breather cap which allowed the flow of air in and out of the engine. I see that also in the USA you make Pollution Control Valves (see link below)

So when did the PCV become the PCV valve? I have just discovered this term PCV valve.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
154 Posts
To add to that I am in Perth, Western Australia, the most isolated capital on the globe. Most of my shopping is done via the net buying from either the east coast, China or when the AU dollar is high, the USA.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Sorry to side track my post but I'm interested to know if you people know the PCV to be known as the Pollution Control Valve?

I was born and grew up in the 70's and the PCV was always referred to as the pollution control valve. Prior to the valve rocker covers basically had a breather cap which allowed the flow of air in and out of the engine. I see that also in the USA you make Pollution Control Valves (see link below)

So when did the PCV become the PCV valve? I have just discovered this term PCV valve.
PCV (valve) stands for "Positive Crankcase Ventilation" (valve). That link is to a private sale ebay add by someone that does not know what they are selling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
That link is to a private sale ebay add by someone that does not know what they are selling.
The box reads pollution control valve. I just typed in pollution control vale into the search box above, it seems to be an old term and apparently PCV valve is the modern term.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bit pricey for what they are, I will be customising my own. Mishimoto and Radium are available in Australia too. I can build my own kit for about $65-$70.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST moondust silver
154 Posts
Bit pricey for what they are, I will be customising my own. Mishimoto and Radium are available in Australia too. I can build my own kit for about $65-$70.
Yep good old Australia tax, it's such a shame we can't get reasonably priced parts for our cars 😔

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
The only thing, in my opinion, that sets Damond apart from most others is that they use Ford connectors so everything plugs together properly. No fuss, no fabrication or cutting.

Reactions: oldloudmouth

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Yep good old Australia tax, it's such a shame we can't get reasonably priced parts for our cars
I do not agree, look at the international pricing for these units, when you do currency exchange they are roughly the same cost. (EDIT: from a quick Google search I did).
When I bought my Mishimoto FMIC I paid $800 for it delivered to the door from an AUS retailer, looking at US sites the cheapest I can find it for is $900 AUD with national delivery. I have found items which we pay about 2/3 of what I could find it on the shelf in the USA.

Also the taxes we pay in Australia contribute to our free medical services which if taken away people would scream, it's a little bit of tax with huge benefit. I could not imagine my life not having that free medical service, we are not the lucky country without reason.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts