Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !
okay so it’s not a focus but a Volvo C30 t5 - apologies for posting… same engine !!!
Always had a slight drip on the undertray nothing major and no noticeable difference on dip stick.
last week or so it seems to be progressively more, still not noticeable on dip stick.
took under tray off and put on ramps to have a good look. Turbo unit is dry, so guessing it’s not that at fault, oil is on the rubber pipes, towards the top - almost under big induction pipe. Obviously oil drips down and not up so it’s got to be coming from highest point - unless it’s spraying up, though not enough evidence to support that idea!
I’m no mechanic by any means however I do have a trusty guy that used for several years.
obviously without actually seeing, are certain pipes more likely to leak than others ? There’s also a black valve with a few small pipes coming off- not sure if this is an oil feed (doubt it).
My mechanic is booked for a few weeks, I like to go with knowledge.
turbo kicks in as it should without fail 😂
It’s had a decat and stage 1 - though this shouldn’t effect any oil issues.
any help or advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
13,319 Posts
Hi all !
okay so it’s not a focus but a Volvo C30 t5 - apologies for posting… same engine !!!
Always had a slight drip on the undertray nothing major and no noticeable difference on dip stick.
last week or so it seems to be progressively more, still not noticeable on dip stick.
took under tray off and put on ramps to have a good look. Turbo unit is dry, so guessing it’s not that at fault, oil is on the rubber pipes, towards the top - almost under big induction pipe. Obviously oil drips down and not up so it’s got to be coming from highest point - unless it’s spraying up, though not enough evidence to support that idea!
I’m no mechanic by any means however I do have a trusty guy that used for several years.
obviously without actually seeing, are certain pipes more likely to leak than others ? There’s also a black valve with a few small pipes coming off- not sure if this is an oil feed (doubt it).
My mechanic is booked for a few weeks, I like to go with knowledge.
turbo kicks in as it should without fail 😂
It’s had a decat and stage 1 - though this shouldn’t effect any oil issues.
any help or advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Actually, this is a North American based site for the MK3, MK3.5 Focus ST with the 2.0 ecoboost engine. So actually not the same. :(

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
174 Posts
When a leak has you flummoxed you can always grab some UV dye. Drop it in your oil and use a black light after running it for awhile to see where its coming from.

Also if I recall correctly, the old focus RS is the one that had the volvo 5 pot but obviously that car was never available here so a half remembered episode of top gear is all I've got to go on lol.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,348 Posts
Most commonly The volvo engines have this monstrousity of a PCV system that is common to clog up and then causes the crankcase to pressurize under boost and oil sprays out of the crank and cam seals.

Keep the oil topped off and please stay out of boost until you get it to the shop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts