Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Uh oh. The ST is supposed to get 5W-30!

I use 0W-40 when I can find it but if not I get 5W-40 synthetic. Whatever's on sale.
Just noticed my old type-o and changed it. Of course I used 5w30!!! Most recently I used ENEOS 5w30 and an FL-400 filter.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Valvoline full synthetic with premium guard pg195(equivalent to the FL400)

Helps I work at an oil change repair shop lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I'm running Ravenol VST 5w40 (full synthetic PAO with 30% Ester) and a Mahle OC1063 Filter.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I run the fram XG3600 iirc. Which gives .3 quarts more fill.

I'm also running the fram xg3600. and I just started doing my own oil changes. They were doing the scheduled oil changes and putting in conventional oil. I got a really great deal on Amazon basics full synthetic. So I tried that this last oil change. I watched a comparison of it and mobile one I did really well. It also has the sn plus certification. I think next time around I may try the Pennzoil Platinum. I've used that in the past and I can get that pretty cheap.

·
Administrator
12,714 Posts
I'm also running the fram xg3600. and I just started doing my own oil changes. They were doing the scheduled oil changes and putting in conventional oil. I got a really great deal on Amazon basics full synthetic. So I tried that this last oil change. I watched a comparison of it and mobile one I did really well. It also has the sn plus certification. I think next time around I may try the Pennzoil Platinum. I've used that in the past and I can get that pretty cheap.
i have been running Pennzoil Ultra Platinum since I got the car. I don't see a reason to switch, lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm currently on FL400 & Mobil 1 5W-30. I buy oil based upon manufacture specifications/certifications and price/name brand. I'll probably run 5000-7000 OCIs. Mobil has a nice $12 per 5Qt rebate so it cost like $10 for a 5-Qt jug and it has all the certifications to meet/exceed our requirements.

Boutique oils and all the jammering that goes on with arguments over oil are much to do about nothing in my opinion. Buy a name brand 5W-30 synthetic (because it doesn't cost any more than regular) with modern specs for LSPI protection and forget about it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,450 Posts
Running Amsoil 5W-30 and EaO34 now (it apparently had two changes at dealerships before I got it based upon carfax report). With the larger EaO34 filter, it took a touch over 6 quarts to bring it to the top of the hatch mark on the stick.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts