Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon people

Does anyone know of any good ST related gathering's, events, track days etc in or close to Ohio this year?

·
Registered
138 Posts
The guys on Focus and Fiesta owners of Ohio fb group are planning some big meet. I think it’s usually in north/northeast Ohio as a lot of that group seems to be from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The guys on Focus and Fiesta owners of Ohio fb group are planning some big meet. I think it’s usually in north/northeast Ohio as a lot of that group seems to be from there.

here is the group. they usually do one big spring/fall event and a few other casual meet-ups during the year
https://www.facebook.com/groups/focusfiestaofohio

Reactions: b2j2allen1

·
Registered
6 Posts
They used to always do "Spring Into Focus" in Columbus; I attended several of those in my SVT. Haven't been to one since I bought the ST...

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
They used to always do "Spring Into Focus" in Columbus; I attended several of those in my SVT. Haven't been to one since I bought the ST...
Hey there stranger, I remember you and your SVT :)

The original Spring into Focus was put on by a group from focusfanatics, several of the mods from the site were from Ohio and helped organize it. The last couple of years it was put on by a different group, probably organized by the Ohio FB group. I dont get on the Facebook too often any more, so havent checked to see when they have their next meet. I havent seen anything posted on ff, none of the mods have mentioned anything either.

If anyone finds any details, post up here please :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Afternoon people

Does anyone know of any good ST related gathering's, events, track days etc in or close to Ohio this year?
I see you mention track days. I’m at the track almost every other weekend in the spring/summer.

Autointerests, NASA, Porsche club, bmw club all do track days at MO and surrounding tracks. Nothing specific track wise to focuses that I am aware of...

I am talking about road courses of course..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
I'd love to attend this event but for two factors:

(1) I have never had a FB account and I will not create one for a car meet.
(2) I'll be at Sonic Temple! ROCK N' ROLL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd love to attend this event but for two factors:

(1) I have never had a FB account and I will not create one for a car meet.
(2) I'll be at Sonic Temple! ROCK N' ROLL!
Im with you.. well on the facebook thing. I refuse to create an account to join a car meet group. Wish it was a bit more active on here

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Im with you.. well on the facebook thing. I refuse to create an account to join a car meet group. Wish it was a bit more active on here
Car stuff is pretty much the only reason I use FB. There is also a big classified group for the focus parts too. You created an account here, not really much different on FB except most people use their real names. It's not like they ask for you SS and first born when you sign up, you can limit what you tell them.

I use a 3rd party app on my phone, Frost (android) so i don't get any of the constant noise from the typical suite of FB apps. My phone doesnt have FB anything pre-installed on it and i am pretty happy with Frost for limiting notifications to only when i open the the app. FB does help organize events though; lets you see who is attending (which for a meet where they rent space and provide food, its nice to know counts.)

Dont get me wrong, I really dont like FB. I literally use it just for car stuff these days. I dont post updates on my page, i ignore the main stream of spam and junk people post, and i have no interest in adding "friends." If i didnt sign up when it was brand new and they first added my college (realized i could find girls on it,) I would be like you and have avoided it ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts