Ford Focus ST Forum banner

581 - 595 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I recently installed Ford Performance "RS" wheels (actually made by Ronal). They are 19x8, 5x108, 50et. I put on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (235/40-19). I was concerned about wheel damage with sidewalls as low as 35 which is why I went with the taller 40, but on my next tire change I may try 35s. At the same time I added 10mm DZX spacers from ST Suspensions which use a bolt-through design with 10mm shank lug nuts, which means I get the same number of turns with the spacers as without.

10mm hub-centric (63.4) spacers from DZX with bolt-through shank lug nuts

A few pictures of the end result...

Fairly subtle change, but I think it looks better with the 10mm spacers, making an effective wheel offset of 40.

If you are not familiar with bolt-through spacers, check out this video (which show larger 15mm spacers, but is basically the same thing except for a longer hub ring)...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Method Wheels: MR502, 38 offset, Hubcentric fit, and load rated for 1850lbs because rally wheel. ;)
BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S 245/45r17

View attachment 361603 View attachment 361605 View attachment 361607
I recently discovered some rubbing which lead to the inside fender lip cutting the tires up a bit on the outer edge of the tread blocks. I solved it by pinching the lip upwards... but the paint chipped a little. I can touch that up later, but now I know why they say have your fenders rolled by a professional. In retrospect I should have gotten 235's. But I love the look and feel of the larger tires. This set up laughs at pot holes so far, compared to my stock setup.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I recently installed Ford Performance "RS" wheels (actually made by Ronal). They are 19x8, 5x108, 50et. I put on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (235/40-19). I was concerned about wheel damage with sidewalls as low as 35 which is why I went with the taller 40, but on my next tire change I may try 35s. At the same time I added 10mm DZX spacers from ST Suspensions which use a bolt-through design with 10mm shank lug nuts, which means I get the same number of turns with the spacers as without.

10mm hub-centric (63.4) spacers from DZX with bolt-through shank lug nuts

A few pictures of the end result...

I like the look of the taller side wall. It fills the fender nicely without having to lower it.

I am also impressed with the spacers. I've seen those before, but you are the first person I've seen post you results with them. The idea behind them is both simple and cheaper than replacing a whole set of wheels.

I had no idea the wheels were made by Ronal. Neat.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I didn't mention it before, but the fitment in the front was super tight at certain turn angles. Straight-on and most turn angles were fine, but there were a few spots where it was almost touching the plastic in the front part of the wheel well. To resolve that, I had a guy use a heat gun and a roller to reshape the plastic. I would still call it close, but it is much better than it was and I'm not aware of any rubbing. I'll keep an eye out for wear signs just in case.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
294 Posts
My Evo x's fitted and formed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I've missed not having 5 spokes, so I've pieced together this set over the last 5 months. So far real happy with how they turned out. Much easier to clean compared to my RPF1's and Assetto Gara's :)
  • Brand Wheel with specs - Speedline / BBS 550 - 18x8.5 et42
  • Brand Tire with specs - Firestone Firehawks Indy500 255.35

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I've missed not having 5 spokes, so I've pieced together this set over the last 5 months. So far real happy with how they turned out. Much easier to clean compared to my RPF1's and Assetto Gara's :)
  • Brand Wheel with specs - Speedline / BBS 550 - 18x8.5 et42
  • Brand Tire with specs - Firestone Firehawks Indy500 255.35
Nice, the classic look of Speedlines

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
2015 PB Ford Focus ST3
7 Posts
Finally took some pics! New wheels are Revolve APVD No. 0119. 18x8.5 +38 with 235/40/18 Michelin P4S on stock suspension. No rubbing issues!

581 - 595 of 595 Posts