Ford Focus ST Forum banner

561 - 580 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Noob Question. I looked through this thread...maybe I missed it. Thinking about adding Konig Rennform wheels at some point soon. 18x8 with 40mm offset. I shouldn't have any fitment issues with the stock tire size correct? or if I add lowering springs later on?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Noob Question. I looked through this thread...maybe I missed it. Thinking about adding Konig Rennform wheels at some point soon. 18x8 with 40mm offset. I shouldn't have any fitment issues with the stock tire size correct? or if I add lowering springs later on?
I slipped the stock F1s onto a set of Bathursts that have the same dimensions as the Rennforms (18x8, 40mm) and dropped the ST on BC coilovers.

ST Tucked.jpg

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Since my last post I've decided to go for 18x9. I love the pokies on your car, but I want to play it safe. Once I get the new wheels I'll ask at the Ford dealership on my end if they can measure them and advise me on hopefully getting some spacers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
18x8.5 +35 offset on 255/35/18. A little over an inch drop all around on coilovers. No rubbing what so ever, but I am running higher than average spring rates front and rear, and a lot of negative camber up front.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I just ordered a set of Ambit RT83's that are 18x9.5 et38. What tire size would you guys recommend? I plan on getting BC or fortune auto coils shortly after. I want to go pretty low, but obviously want to avoid rubbing too. I don’t want too much of a stretched look so I was thinking 245/40 might do the trick? I'll be honest, I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to wheel/ tire fitment. Thanks in advance for your input! Ambit RT83.jpg

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/35-18 on 18x8.5 et40 TSW Sprint. The car is on Cobb lowering springs 1” front and 1.1” rear. No rubbing thus far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is awesome looking!

·
Registered
204 Posts
U,u by uiu777u
So I just ordered a set of Ambit RT83's that are 18x9.5 et38. What tire size would you guys recommend? I plan on getting BC or fortune auto coils shortly after. I want to go pretty low, but obviously want to avoid rubbing too. I don’t want too much of a stretched look so I was thinking 245/40 might do the trick? I'll be honest, I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to wheel/ tire fitment. Thanks in advance for your input! View attachment 350135
The

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
677 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rota Strike 18x9.5 +38 on stock 235 F1s
FA 500 coilovers

View attachment 343265

View attachment 343281

View attachment 343273
1.5 inch stetch over stock?! My dude that is some serious stretch. Any debeading issues?

Also, been thinking about picking up those tail lights from CarID. Are they sealed well? Any issues with water getting in? Also, sorry for all the questions, but what finish are those wheels? Hyper Black? Sweet Car my dude.
The stretch actually isn't quite as bad as you would think in person. I am really not a fan of it however, so when the stockers wear out I'll probably go with 255s. And yes they are in hyper black.

I'm also really happy with these taillights. They do seem to be sealed well as I've had them going on a year now and still haven't had any water issues. They fit pretty well and I really like the more stockish red look, and the light bar really flows with the lines of the car. I recommend them. But like others have stated I kinda with they had at least another row of LEDs for the turn signals as they aren't super apparent during the day. Thanks for the love bro.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here's my newest setup. Drag DR67's in 18x8 +40 with 235/40 tires. Almost fully lowered on BC coilovers and no issues with rubbing.

IMG_20190313_175548.jpg

And thanks to Discount Tire for the prompt and professional ordering process.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Alright guys I know someone else has Ambits on here so I thought it'd be a good place to ask, Ambits customer service is alil slow and would rather get them on quickly. So anyways, what style lugs nuts do I need for the RE83s, would the Muteki SR48s work? I am almost 100% that they need the skinny tuner style lugs, which are the SR48s like that? I know my XXR 530s on my Speed6 required the skinny style. So any help would be appreciared, just waiting for my 265/35/18 Fed 595SS to show up put on the wheels and slap them on the car. Lastly anyone know anything about the TPMS system on the Focus ST, I have a 2018. I have read some people buy new sets and the car recognizes them itself and then some people say they needed to either have the programmer or have them programed. Any info on that would be great too!!!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Currently running Motec MCR2 Ultralights in 18x8, 40 Offset wrapped in Nitto NT555 G2's in 235/40. Lowered 1 inch all around with H&R springs.

IMG_20190523_173652_1558626469719.jpg

But I'm thinking about getting Sparco Tarmac (18x8, 45 Offset) for next year and have them powdercoated in bronze as they only available in Gunmetal, which it a bit too stealthy imo.

sparco-tarmac-felge-gun-metal58c00505705cb.png

Another option would be going for Borbet DB8GT in 18x8,5 with a 40 offset. But if I get those, I would go with 245/35 tires as well.

83696.jpg

Reactions: Hathoway
561 - 580 of 609 Posts