Ford Focus ST Forum banner
681 - 700 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yikes Stealth... Youd be in the 12s with some slicks no problem.
Yeah I will get a custom tune eventually. Only have 9000 kilometers on the car at this point. Might look into getting a Freek Tune.
Still havent put in the RMM yet but got a while to wait now.... Next SL is Sept 18th.
Ya Man I need to work on my launch.. Props to the guys 2 or better 60ft. These cars are harder to launch then I thought

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yikes Stealth... Youd be in the 12s with some slicks no problem.
Yeah I will get a custom tune eventually. Only have 9000 kilometers on the car at this point. Might look into getting a Freek Tune.
Still havent put in the RMM yet but got a while to wait now.... Next SL is Sept 18th.
I let him try my slicks, it didn't work out so well.

I ran this last night after a 5+ hour drive up to Northern California -

Text Receipt Document Paper

I want 100+ mph trap speed without taking out more than the spare tire. These are the best track conditions I have run in since I got the car, 490 ft DA, 64 degrees, good prep (1.76 60 ft).

I could have gotten it on the first pass, but I missed 4th gear ([email protected]) and I completely botched the second run, it wasn't until my 3rd and 4th runs at which point the car's coolant temp started to impact performance.

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Vendor
119 Posts
Owner of the vehicle: Brian Tyson (JST Performance)
Year / Model: 2015 Focus ST
List of modifications: STOCK TURBO, e30 custom tune by JST Performance, Drag Radials, Tons of weight reduction
R/T: .573
60 Foot: 1.683
330 Foot: 5.081
1/8 Mile Time & MPH: 7.895 @ 86.53
1/4 Mile Time & MPH: 12.452 @107.67

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
kewing/2013 Stage 3 with GTX2971 .64 e30 w/Aux fuel and Freektune Toyo R888/2.218/8.720/[email protected]
only hit 23psi on my 28psi tune...so need to figure that issue out.

Receipt Text Document Paper

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Owner of the vehicle: Brian Tyson (JST Performance)
Year / Model: 2015 Focus ST
List of modifications: STOCK TURBO, e30 custom tune by JST Performance, Drag Radials, Tons of weight reduction
R/T: .573
60 Foot: 1.683
330 Foot: 5.081
1/8 Mile Time & MPH: 7.895 @ 86.53
1/4 Mile Time & MPH: 12.452 @107.67
Isn't that drag slicks as in M&H 26x8.5x17? Don't want to mislead anybody getting low 60' like that is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

Owner of the vehicle:
[*]Year / Model: 2016 FoST
[*]List of modifications: catback,bov
[*]R/T .064
[*]60 Foot 2.204
[*]330 Foot 5.988
[*]1/8 Mile Time & MPH 9.130 - 78.91
[*]1/4 Mile Time & MPH 14.086 - 99.11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Owner of the vehicle:
[*]Year / Model: 2016 FoST
[*]List of modifications: catback,bov
[*]R/T .064
[*]60 Foot 2.204
[*]330 Foot 5.988
[*]1/8 Mile Time & MPH 9.130 - 78.91
[*]1/4 Mile Time & MPH 14.086 - 99.11

Not bad for no tune.

Get a tune and add some slicks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The focus is my family hauler and will be used as a temporary racecar till my actual race car is done... temporary meaning a couple of track days a year lol

So you're saying that if I had children and a wife I would have to reconsider maximizing traction with this car?

A tune would impact the family budget in such a way I'd have to stop contributing to the children's college fund and 401K?

Slicks = $233 each, PM me and that drops to $209.70 each = $419

I have a whole bunch of mildly modified ST's around me, guess what? Besides Garry (Stealth) who listened to me and went and got some slicks dropped over a second in ET with just that one change everybody else is running 14's or worse, including a "Stage 3" car that barely runs 14's.

Tune = $350

I picked up a used SCT X4 from a guy on CL for $200. I emailed Torrie, went to his website paid my fee ($150)

I've been posting my time slips for a reason. I had a chance to talk to a person who works at ATP while at the track and he was impressed an ST was running 13.4 when it took them a a turbo upgrade (GT2860R) and drag radials that were too large to run 13.6 at the same track.

My car is stock form air box to exhaust tips - [email protected] (timing pulled 9-10 degrees), [email protected] (no timing pulled) on a horrid 1.96 60'

·
Registered
37 Posts
So you're saying that if I had children and a wife I would have to reconsider maximizing traction with this car?

A tune would impact the family budget in such a way I'd have to stop contributing to the children's college fund and 401K?

Slicks = $233 each, PM me and that drops to $209.70 each = $419

I have a whole bunch of mildly modified ST's around me, guess what? Besides Garry (Stealth) who listened to me and went and got some slicks dropped over a second in ET with just that one change everybody else is running 14's or worse, including a "Stage 3" car that barely runs 14's.

Tune = $350

I picked up a used SCT X4 from a guy on CL for $200. I emailed Torrie, went to his website paid my fee ($150)

I've been posting my time slips for a reasons. I had a chance to talk to a person who works at ATP while at the track and he was impressed an ST was running 13.4 when it took them a a turbo upgrade (GT2860R) and drag radials that were too large to run 13.6 at the same track.

My car is stock form air box to exhaust tips - [email protected] (timing pulled 9-10 degrees), [email protected] (no timing pulled) on a horrid 1.96 60'
Cool, like I said I'm building a racecar to run single digits... the focus is just my family hauler and it'll go to the track a handful of times a year... I'm not worried about spending money on this as I am putting it to my big build.

My reasoning for posting my time is to post it for others. I'm just trying to have fun and help others along my journey of building cars.

·
Registered
421 Posts
^Sweet looking car and run!^

Raced mine for the first time this weekend. How humbling that was. I've always prided myself in the Mustang world with being able to slip the clutch right and bang gears like no other. I figured I'd take that and bust out some outrageous number with the ST. Not so much. With a Mishimoto CAI and Cobb stage 1 93 tune the best I mustered was a 14.3 at 101. I think with more passes I def could get it down - but I prolly wont take this to the track again anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
^Sweet looking car and run!^

Raced mine for the first time this weekend. How humbling that was. I've always prided myself in the Mustang world with being able to slip the clutch right and bang gears like no other. I figured I'd take that and bust out some outrageous number with the ST. Not so much. With a Mishimoto CAI and Cobb stage 1 93 tune the best I mustered was a 14.3 at 101. I think with more passes I def could get it down - but I prolly wont take this to the track again anytime soon.
What are you chicken?

I have 30+ passes on my car, bought it July 5th of this year. I also do Uber with it.... Just over 15,000 miles now.

Tune only + Slicks see my sig.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
2014 FOST
Car #8.
Mods.
Green filter
Depot Racing beast ic and catless dp
mbrp exh
Gtx2867r and Deadhook e30 tune
R/T 0.774
60ft 1.843
330. 5.272
1/8. 8.142 mph 86.83
1/4. 12.60 mph 106
Nice work, knock another tenth off your 60' and you'll be running low 12's.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What are you chicken?

I have 30+ passes on my car, bought it July 5th of this year. I also do Uber with it.... Just over 15,000 miles now.

Tune only + Slicks see my sig.
No. My Mustang will be ready to race next season. Seen your sig before. Drag racing this car just isn't that big of a deal to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No. My Mustang will be ready to race next season. Seen your sig before. Drag racing this car just isn't that big of a deal to me.
What kinda mustang? I've got a 68 I'm turning into a coyote stock car(if you follow nmra)

681 - 700 of 740 Posts