Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,073 Posts
Is there a chance that we can have a section on the forum for talking about non-Focus car subjects, especially about other Fords?
Sorry for the delayed response, but as Sistomper said, we have a section 2 below the "Focus ST Builds" section called "other builds." This is for all vehicle builds that are not Focus STs.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I was thinking about general conversations about different cars, some of which Americans might not be aware of, rather than actual work on cars. For example, the concept of the US market maybe releasing an update of our classic Ford Capri? It'd be like a smaller brother of the Mustang.

ford-capri-280-brooklands-329774249-1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,551 Posts
Ah, I was thinking about general conversations about different cars, some of which Americans might not be aware of, rather than actual work on cars. For example, the concept of the US market maybe releasing an update of our classic Ford Capri? It'd be like a smaller brother of the Mustang.

View attachment 361331
Ford (Mercury) used to market the Capri here many years ago. From 1970 - 1978 it was pretty much the same as the ones sold outside of the U.S., and from 1979 - 1986 it was a re-badged fox body mustang.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
We had Capri's here also and in the 80's it was very common for people to do 302-T5 swaps in them. Had a buddy with a 74 V8 Capri in high school

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
A re-launch of the Capri would be awesome. 3.0 or 3.5 Ecoboost as the top-dog and the 2.3 Ecoboost as base model. RWD only of course!

From time to time I'm thinking about getting an '79 to '86 Capri as a project car. A Carpi Turbo would be epic, but they're stupid expensive.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen some recent concept cars that they've proposed for a new Capri, one of which even had flashy gull-wing doors, but as far as I can tell nothing's come of them. Not only would we in England very much welcome the Capri's return, but it sure would be a great replacement for the Focus ST and RS now that they've been discontinued in the US.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I don't think a new Capri would be able to replace the Focus. It might be a really fun little performance car, but it would lack the practicability of the FoST.

I think the Capri would end up being a 2+2* seater with 2 doors, whilst the FoST has 4 doors and proper rear seats.

*rear seats only suitable for small kids and midgets. If you cut the legs off, that is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts