Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so getting my trans replaced under warranty and decided to get the clutch/ slave replaced while they are in there since labor is basically nothing. Anyone get their clutch replaced at the dealer? What was the cost of parts? I keep seeing different prices especially on the flywheel (500 bucks??) Just want to know what the price will look like so I'm not shocked when I walk in there, was hoping to keep it under 1k. So total parts list.. flywheel, clutch disc, pp, slave cyl.
Also for anyone who replaced the clutch already did u keep the rear main or swap that too? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I can tell you an aftermarket flywheel and clutch will set you back over $1k alone. The ACT HD clutch by itself was almost $700 shipped that I had installed.

you can look up parts cost at say tasca parts. But what they sell online may not reflect what your dealer charges in person. (I.e they are not a charity selling at cost)

·
Registered
2017 ST1
1,030 Posts
If OEM is what you want, I'd advise buying the parts somewhere like RockAuto, AutoAnything, CarID, etc. and take it to an indy shop. Ford Parts + Ford Service is going to be the priciest way to go about getting a new clutch put in. If an indy shop can't do a clutch job, and do it cheaper than a dealership, they probably won't be in business long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shiiit. Not what I was looking to hear. My clutch isn't slipping but like I said labor is so cheap it felt stupid to not do it now at 50k just have everything fresh. Wouldn't want to get a new trans then have to rip in there again in a few years for a clutch. Hopefully won't regret that decision lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If OEM is what you want, I'd advise buying the parts somewhere like RockAuto, AutoAnything, CarID, etc. and take it to an indy shop. Ford Parts + Ford Service is going to be the priciest way to go about getting a new clutch put in. If an indy shop can't do a clutch job, and do it cheaper than a dealership, they probably won't be in business long.
Honestly only went oem from them cause I get a discount from working at another dealer. And don't want any issues from them if there was trouble with install or down the line

·
Registered
2017 ST1
1,030 Posts
Honestly only went oem from them cause I get a discount from working at another dealer. And don't want any issues from them if there was trouble with install or down the line
It makes sense to have the dealer do it while its apart, just hoping you didn't pay dearly for the parts there. But some dealerships gouge more than others, so....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya man.. I have a decent relationship with my dealer. I buy all my fluids and parts from them and they do business with my shop, so get 10% off parts. That was my mentality at least lol u guys got me nervous now. Guess we'll see when I get the invoice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts