Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Essex/AP Racing’s Focus kit saves a lot of weight over ST and RS brakes. In some cases 10lbs per axle!
Right, there are lighter setups than the RS brembo but they will cost you. $2600 for the AP vs about $600 for the RS. All depends what your goals are. The AP should be better for track duty where as the RS is probably a better option for spirited street driving.

On the even higher end, rotora makes a titanium caliper you can pair with carbon ceramic rotora

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Right, there are lighter setups than the RS brembo but they will cost you. $2600 for the AP vs about $600 for the RS. All depends what your goals are. The AP should be better for track duty where as the RS is probably a better option for spirited street driving.

On the even higher end, rotora makes a titanium caliper you can pair with carbon ceramic rotora
let me tell you my Essex kit is great for spirited driving. :p

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Does this mean when the car needs brakes, it's totaled?

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Lol well on the plus side carbon ceramic rotors could potentially last for 100k miles 😂...
We live in ohio. You know that isn't true. Lmao.

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I just threw the unloaded NB Brembos on the scale with only the bridge bolt attached as shipped, 15.6 lbs total for both of them. The stock OEM RS rotors were 23.4 lbs each.

Reactions: beretta96
41 - 47 of 47 Posts