Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OCC worked fine for a year or so, but recently noticed can is completely empty and not catching oil. Connections look fine, but I haven't removed IM yet to get better look.

Has anyone else had this issue? Do the check valves go bad or freeze up?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
My OCC worked fine for a year or so, but recently noticed can is completely empty and not catching oil. Connections look fine, but I haven't removed IM yet to get better look.

I am noticing far less collected in mine as well. I will say that during the summer months there is always far far less accumulation ... mainly because its condensation that forms during the winter months.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts

I'd check both the check valve and PCV valve.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I'd check both the check valve and PCV valve.
i dont even have the check valve in mine ... not really sure how you could go about check the PCV though.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
i dont even have the check valve in mine ... not really sure how you could go about check the PCV though.
You have to remove it; give it a shake...it should rattle as the valve opens and closes. If there is no internal movement or it seems sticky it should be cleaned or replaced. On my older cars I would pull the oil filler cap at idle, if there was blowby coming out of the valve cover I would check the valve as it was not allowing suction back into the manifold; don't know if that is a valid test on the ST as every time I pull the oil cap I get some blowby and I know my valve is good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also wondering if the can could get clogged.

Anyone know oem pcv valve part number? Ford part sites aren't as easy to navigate as Honda sites.

Going to start working on it soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figured it out. The issue was the catch can was clogged. I unscrewed the open/close valve from bottom of the can and oil poured out. It seems to be clogged just above the valve. Glad it was simple fix.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Which brand can was it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts