Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they serve a legit porpoise? Or are they just a beacon for "Hey, look at me! I'm a [insert friendly insult here]!"

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
No purpose, just insults. Bypass valves do a fine job and are actually more reliable in northern climates due to the piston not being exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do they serve a legit porpoise? Or are they just a beacon for "Hey, look at me! I'm a [insert friendly insult here]!"

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
they are the equivalent to pop and crackles....its like look at me i have a build....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I LOVE mine! Go Fast Bits BOV (VTA), from Australia I think they are, the GFB company...

·
Super Moderator
8,692 Posts
they are the equivalent to pop and crackles....its like look at me i have a build....
Well if you go with certain turbo options, OEM BPV no longer has a home, so you have to vent to atmosphere off a charge pipe. Which is the only time someone would actually need a BOV, versus a BPV.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
oh screw it, i'll post it...

Perfect replacement for the factory plastic recirculation valve on my ...

Perfect replacement for the factory plastic recirculation valve on my 2017 ST. Very high quality.

It’s LOUD and always there. Every shift. Every time you let off the throttle. I think it might get annoying, but time will tell. I cannot take stars off for that, as it’s personal preference.

All you do is remove the passenger front wheel, and it’s accessable through the wheel well. Get a couple long extensions and a ball-head 5mm Allen socket. It only took me about 25 minutes to install.

I installed this along with a green filter (also purchased on amazon) and they work great together!

EDIT:

I took this thing off after about a year of sounding like a 38 year old teenager infatuated by the Fast and Furious movies. It’s that loud and annoying. I even ran a true vacuum source to it, and it was still too much.

I ended up putting a Mountune BPV on. Now it’s quiet again.

·
Super Moderator
8,692 Posts
I'm an unashamed lover of the whoosh noise, so I can recommend this one. It vents to intake and atmosphere so it won't throw any CELs. Zero performance gains, but confuses all my neighbors.
We are a MAP system, bov's do not cause a CEL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reviews are spot on, my neighbors have asked me everything from "is your tire going flat?" to "I think your exhaust is broken"

I'm firmly in the "Fast and Furious" special needs group. I supercharged my 1999 Cougar (yes, the one targeted toward middle aged women) and the first time I merged onto the highway afterwards I was looking around for a semi. The bypass noise was that foreign to me. I've loved that noise ever since.

I have no desire to modify my RS in any way though, so it must be a compensation thing with my ST. I'm completely stock except for that, stock performance from both cars is more than enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
8,692 Posts
Reviews are spot on, my neighbors have asked me everything from "is your tire going flat?" to "I think your exhaust is broken"

I'm firmly in the "Fast and Furious" special needs group. I supercharged my 1999 Cougar (yes, the one targeted toward middle aged women) and the first time I merged onto the highway afterwards I was looking around for a semi. The bypass noise was that foreign to me. I've loved that noise ever since.

I have no desire to modify my RS in any way though, so it must be a compensation thing with my ST. I'm completely stock except for that, stock performance from both cars is more than enough for me.
I actually liked that last gen cougar! S/C, now thats cool.

Most VTA BOV just dound like air brakes, lmao

1 - 20 of 25 Posts