Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just installed my new stratified OTS tune on Friday and I went through a tank of gas. My OAR was always at -1 on my cobb tune, but now it has been sitting at -.03. Will this adjust more over time or after I submit a data log? Also do I need to submit just one log with the pulls or would more than one log be preferred?

Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
The OAR was reset when you flashed a map built on a different version of AccessTuner than you had previously. Driving the car under load will slowly work the OAR back down to -1 if the fuel supports it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
They should tell you what they need they are very easy to work with normally 2 logs back to back. Driving the car around town is fine for getting OAR to negative 1 on ots maps beat on it a little and you will see the number change and as always make sure you are using a good quality fuel.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They should tell you what they need they are very easy to work with normally 2 logs back to back. Driving the car around town is fine for getting OAR to negative 1 on ots maps beat on it a little and you will see the number change and as always make sure you are using a good quality fuel.
Well I live in CA so our fuel is crap. I run 91 octane. I will go through this tank and get some good pulls and then send in my data long. Do we send the logs directly through the stratified website, e-mail, or on here? Sorry noob here.

·
Registered
862 Posts
They should have sent you 2 different emails. One with what to log and the second with some more information and where to send it to I believe. Give them a call they are nice people and are there to help you out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey guys. I just installed my new stratified OTS tune on Friday and I went through a tank of gas. My OAR was always at -1 on my cobb tune, but now it has been sitting at -.03. Will this adjust more over time or after I submit a data log? Also do I need to submit just one log with the pulls or would more than one log be preferred?

Thanks!
I found it took alot longer to get the OAR on the Stratified OTS tune to -1 then the Cobb OTS tune. What worked for me on the Stratified tune was several 3rd and 4th gear WOT pulls almost to redline.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Stratified tunes by design make going to -1.00 OAR more difficult than many other tuners.

In my experience with Stratified tuned cars, doing 3rd gear pulls and shifting to 4th will get you .03 to .06 decrease in OAR for each pull. IOW, you'll need 10-20 pulls to get to a -1 OAR after a flash that resets OAR to 0 (i.e. initial Stratified tune or new Stratified tune compiled with different Cobb firmware).

But remember, if you are having trouble getting your OAR more negative, that's not a bad thing. It just means the tune refuses to be more aggressive in advancing timing for your current grade of gasoline.

Think about it: if it were super easy when you loaded a new tune to get the OAR down to -1, but either the new tune was more aggressive than the old tune or you happened to have a tank of meh gas, then what would happen? You would get a bunch of knock events, a lot of pulled timing and OAR would creep back up away from -1 anyway.

OK, so if you think about it, it's safer for your engine the Stratified way for you to decrease OAR from 0 in small increments. You'll minimize timing pulls from knock events during the OAR adjustment period. You'll just have to do more pulls. Bummer that, eh? :)

All the best,
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts