Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,077 Posts
Fuse 35 is for the 1.0 liter Fox engines O2 sensor.

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
Super Moderator
9,279 Posts
Always
Give you give me ypur address ill let you beat me with my own shoes if you fix this issue for me.. deal? Shoe beatinf for wiring fix? Hahaha :LOL::ROFLMAO::giggle:
We want your address, and we are bringing plenty of footwear...

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,077 Posts
2017 2.0 GTDI

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thats wierd man that looks different then my box

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I feel horrible asking this coz you showed a schematic, but thats just wierd coz that page i posted is from my st manual that came with the car, and the pixtures in the manual that are for different models have like 1.0 ecoboost written in the box beside them, that page in my manual doesnt say that anywhere...thats really squirrely...i checked the lil ST supplemental thing they give just incase they would have a diff fuse box shown in thay and they didnt...i dunno thats so weird. They wouldnt show the person the correct fuse in any picture in my manual?

FORD IS GAY....IN THE DUMB WAY.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well either way i checked all the fuses under that lid for the fuq of it so i made good and sure it was NONE of them....haahaha

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,077 Posts
Post up a picture of your battery junction box. This exact box is used in multiple ford models.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I will in the morning...maybe its just me looking at it from this angle, but it looks like some of the big fuses and relays are in different locations...i cant say i paid aton of attention to them but i dont remember seeing as much pink in my big ones i saw more blue i thought....and thats what im going by the colors i remember seeing.

Also that big blue wire that is in the picture you posted this one i circled, what is this too?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Do you also see how loose those wires look like they have a lil play to them....my harness looks like there was a silver back gorilla hanging from it. Thats how taut the wires look pulling from the plug, those wires in the picture look almost relaxed compared to mine

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,077 Posts
They do have some movement in them. They are lock into the connector with a tab.

This is a shot of the extra equipment I keep to help diagnose electrical issues. You can see the red lock on the connector face keeping the female pins in place.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh no i get that they will move alil, but this particular one qhich was the thickest blue one there was or seemed gwnuinely looser then the rest, be that as it may, i pushed down on the emtire plug and all the wires to make sure they were seated correctly....reason i keep asking this, and maybe no one realizes how odd this is becausw no realizes how.many i was getting before. With no issues for 50k i would always get 20 to 50 misfires dependinf on the temp and humodity how.old my plugs were....ok well now all the sudden after 60k now of misfires like that, in the last 12 hours and 4 times ive started and drove my car i have accumlated 2 misfires. Thats it. That is a significant change from what it did forever. I just started it thw smorning 39 degrees outside, not a single misfire in the entire cold start proxess....again this is fudggin wierd.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok so just food for thought about how practice makes perfect and for the people who never worked on cars and want to learn. Even i who have some above par(i say above par coz by no means am i certified tech or school trained in mechanics i just did them and learned) mechanical and technical skills still learns to do things quicker and better everytime.

Ive pulled that ibtake pipe, breather hose, o2 plug and o2 sensor like 5 times in the last 2 weeks and today i did it just now to go grab a warranty replacement for this bosch until monday when my motorcraft one comes, i did it all in 27 mins. Getting pretty good at it, and thats from up top.

Hopefully everythijg goes back together smoothly and my assumption of it being the sensor was right, and i find myself leaning even more that way with the fact that the o2 heater fuse wasnt blown so it mostly like isnt shorting or anything
Secondly when i first insstalled this new one it ran great no issues then a code came back, and its started appearing more and quicker and quicker which tells me it just was a bad sensor and it failed, the quicker and quicker CELs being thrown tells me the sensors just degrading more n more. I pretty sure Lord Jesus has me on the right track, imma say alil pray.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts