Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car through 3 codes last night once I started it up. And that through them again this morning when I started it up. I clear them and the salt light on the dash goes away one of the Cubs seems to still be there. PO141 O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2. I don't recall the numbers of the older two codes but they were pertaining to heater resistance they're basically all three were the 02 sensor heater. my question is is this normal sometimes with a combination of the cold weather and defouler. I left the rear O2 sensor active on my stage 3 tune. Does it sound like I just need a new O2 sensor.

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
So my car through 3 codes last night once I started it up. And that through them again this morning when I started it up. I clear them and the salt light on the dash goes away one of the Cubs seems to still be there. PO141 O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2. I don't recall the numbers of the older two codes but they were pertaining to heater resistance they're basically all three were the 02 sensor heater. my question is is this normal sometimes with a combination of the cold weather and defouler. I left the rear O2 sensor active on my stage 3 tune. Does it sound like I just need a new O2 sensor.
Yeah, thats the rear O2. I suggest you buy a denso one, they are on Amazon. I have burned through probably 5 of the OEM/bosch ones. The Denso has different sampling holes, and has lasted me a good chunk of time already.

I have more info buried in my build thread, its buried though, lol

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thats the rear O2. I suggest you buy a denso one, they are on Amazon. I have burned through probably 5 of the OEM/bosch ones. The Denso has different sampling holes, and has lasted me a good chunk of time already.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you save me some time searching

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It should be fine driving it like that for a week right? All it does is tell you that the catalytic converter isn't working right. New O2 sensor won't be here till Monday. It is cheaper on Amazon though thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
It should be fine driving it like that for a week right? All it does is tell you that the catalytic converter isn't working right. New O2 sensor won't be here till Monday. It is cheaper on Amazon though thanks
Well, you only posted one code. If all the codes pertained to the rear O2/bank one sensor 2, then yeah. You are more than fine. Its just emissions bullshit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts