Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. I have been seeing mixed reviews on weather or not you need the o2 defouler when installing the MBRP down pipe with exhaust. Can someone please help with this. If I install the downpipe with the exhaust without the defouler will i get a light for the o2 sensor. Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Any catless dp will throw that cell. I've seen people get lucky and they don't get a code. I have the depo catless dp and I have that cell. Only reason I didn't use a defouler is because I'm running the car soon and they will just remove the code for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Question. I have been seeing mixed reviews on weather or not you need the o2 defouler when installing the MBRP down pipe with exhaust. Can someone please help with this. If I install the downpipe with the exhaust without the defouler will i get a light for the o2 sensor. Thank you for all your help.
Catted or catless? I have a CNT downpipe catless and bought a vibrant defouler with the smallest insert. No light, but I am tuned as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im running a cobb catted downpipe and throws a check engine light. P0420.

You can install a defouler or you can get a custom tune that will remove the check engine light code.

I don't have my FMIC upgraded so I can't run cobb ots stage 3 map. I've spoke with cobb and they said stage 3 ots map will remove the code. Stage 1 and 2 ots maps won't.

I went with stratified tune and paid 50usd for the tune. Well worth it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
IF you are going to ever have to get an inspection, get the defouler. Yes, your tuner can get rid of the CEL without the defouler. But your O2 readiness monitor will read "not ready"...and that can and probably will be problematic come inspection time.

So get the defouler, try out smallest insert first, have your tuner "turn on" the appropriate readiness monitor(s), do a Ford drive cycle (google this), and it should read "ready". If not, either continue the drive cycle procedure or try the middle insert on the defouler.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
IF you are going to ever have to get an inspection, get the defouler. Yes, your tuner can get rid of the CEL without the defouler. But your O2 readiness monitor will read "not ready"...and that can and probably will be problematic come inspection time.

So get the defouler, try out smallest insert first, have your tuner "turn on" the appropriate readiness monitor(s), do a Ford drive cycle (google this), and it should read "ready". If not, either continue the drive cycle procedure or try the middle insert on the defouler.

Hope I didn't miss anything.
this is also another great point!

·
Registered
808 Posts
THere is a j tube defouler on amazon I've been using it for almost a year with no issues and my o2 sensor is enabled i have no problem getting an inspection

1 - 11 of 11 Posts