Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suffolk county LI. Was big into fox bodies and cobras way back but put it aside for some stability and drove a Hyundai Accent (it’s still going) for 12 years now. Got the bug for somthing fun and thought these STs were fun cool looking rides so here I am. I’ve already done intake, Depo beast IC and RMM. Probably gonna do catch can next then DP and cat back together, lastly AP3 then supporting fuel mods for a bigger turbo. All in good time tho.

· Registered
2017 OW ST1 unknown aftermarket FMIC & Exhaust, upgraded to Sync3 + full Recaro leather seat pkg.
157 Posts
Vegas is still up cause we sleep differently out here but I'll be the 1st to say "Hello" and "Welcome". When it comes to cars I don't know much but I know what I like and man I'm in love with my '17 ST. So much to learn and few more things to do to it but all in all you picked wisely. :cool:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard! What's the details on your old stangs?
First stang was an 88’ convertible automatic… real POS.
Next was a 88’ lx 5speed full boltons and gt40 I/H. Gutted it with some M/Ts. Really fun car.Back then they were so cheap I parted it out, cut it in pieces with a sawzall and scrapped it.
Next up was an 86 4 eye. 5spd (my old transmission from the 88) full tub suspension coil overs etc etc. sold it off
96 cobra, full boltons and built T45 tranny with alum flywheel and beefy clutch. Decided to stop there and save up to buy a house so I never got to the nitrous kit… very sad

· Registered
2013 Focus ST3 (Black)
222 Posts
Welcome fellow NY friend!

I'll be driving out to Farmingdale, LI the next 2 days for work, sadly no ST as it's in the shop. Probably won't see you way out there, but I'll honk at an ST just in case lol

Welcome to the forum! Best source for modding knowledge, error solving, and idea getting. Could spend a year reading everything and still learn something with a new post.

· Registered
2,681 Posts
Here’s a question for the NY crowd. Where have you taken your car for a dyno & tune? Or is the custom stuff from the COBB AP suppliers good enough?
I would say most like myself have done an etune. You get in touch with a reputable tuner. Then you do data logs watching certain sensors well you do third and fourth gear pulls on the road. Then you email the data to your tuner they make revisions to the tune and send it back to you until it's perfect usually 2 to 4 times.

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
Here’s a question for the NY crowd. Where have you taken your car for a dyno & tune? Or is the custom stuff from the COBB AP suppliers good enough?
E-tuning is actually superior to dyno tuning because you're actually operating the car under normal driving conditions. Some dynos can load the engine and simulate weight, but you'll never be able to simulate proper airflow with the hood up and a puny fan sitting on front of the car. Not to mention you can't replicate aerodynamics of the car actually pushing through the air on a dyno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts