Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I straight piped mine with the exception of the dp. I think it sounds great, but I get so much soot on the hatch. As if it wasn't hard enough to keep the hatch on these cars clean..

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree 100%, lacks the feeling. Have mine straight piped and it's great as long as you can handle a little drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will get flamed but most "car guys" won't be able to tell, you'll go unnoticed 75% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I used to think it had to be loud too, but then I rode in a P90D and then I realized that just having break neck acceleration alone is plenty enough!

·
Registered
395 Posts
get your flame suit on because here it goes

sell you car and go buy a 90s civic. (nearly everything) straight piped sounds like total ass, and especially these cars.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Super Moderator
9,530 Posts
Have not heard a straight piped FoST in person yet. Drove my buddy's straight piped FiST and it wasn't that loud at all

Lol it'll be temporary until I graduate and can afford a proper exhaust
If money is the issue, just replace everything from the resonator back; way less drone, still loud (louder) and less money on exhaust tubing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have not heard a straight piped FoST in person yet. Drove my buddy's straight piped FiST and it wasn't that loud at all

I'm sure there's videos out there, but I can post a video of mine with the straight pipes. Could consider a meet up if you're local to 48133, too.

·
Registered
428 Posts

Just looked at your profile and saw you're in Auburn hills, what are the odds? We could meet in Dearborn or something

·
Registered
428 Posts
I live in East Lansing currently so that's a little bit of a drive lol.

Probably gonna start going to go to meets soon. My buddy always tried to get me to go and now that I have a cool car I probably will
Well, that's still only about 45 minutes to meet in the middle. Offer is open if you want.

·
Super Moderator
9,530 Posts
So just a muffler delete?
Could just do a muffler delete, but, the factory exhaust necks down to 2 1/4 inch for a ways after the resonator then back up to 2 1/2 before going over the suspension. Replacing with 2 1/2 inch tubing would let the engine breath a bit better for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Pantera

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I feel like that would get so boring after a few pulls though. Especially an automatic
rarely can something be boring when your brain is being thrown into the back of your skull like somebody just just lit an ACME rocket under your butt. even after the hundredth time, your still intoxicated and amazed at what just happened. and better yet, its not like an R35 where you wonder if the transmission is about to remove itself when you press the go button.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts