Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Happened to me last month, i had to tie my door with a rope. Took it to ford for work under a recall. Its 1 days work and ford will pay for one day rental. It sucks and i had an argument with the service manager

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So I'm driving along and the driver side rear door just swings open and now it won't close. WTH will be next on this POS ????
You realize that this recall was announced months ago? I understand that it's annoying, but it's not like we didn't already know about this and have an early warning months ago. I got a letter in the mail months ago about it and just haven't gone to have it fixed. Quick and easy

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-maintenance/58401-door-latch-recall.html

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Warning or not, doors should fling open while driving.

That's why you get it fixed before it happens (after I assume it happened the first few times and got reported to Ford lol) via recall. Nobody wants to go to the dealer for the recall though so we wait until it happens to us lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
That's why you get it fixed before it happens (after I assume it happened the first few times and got reported to Ford lol) via recall. Nobody wants to go to the dealer for the recall though so we wait until it happens to us lol
They did the trunk release and door recall all together. Hate dealing with service rep

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
They did the trunk release and door recall all together. Hate dealing with service rep

Yeah might as well just knock out as many birds as possible when dealing with the idiots. I have to get my 2nd gear synchro looked at for warranty before my warranty ends...so I might as well get the hatch and door recall done if they can at the same time. Ugh

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yes. I knew about it and got the lettter but was not having the problem and with like every other TSA out there when I went to the dealer, they were "backlogged" on the parts but had ordered them so I needed to get in line. This is probably my last Ford.

Vehicle door Windshield Automotive exterior Automotive window part Auto part

·
Registered
463 Posts
^^ if you used PACKING TAPE to close your door, you should go buy a Camry. Drive it and be happy with your educated high-resale purchase.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
463 Posts
Rope on the pillar, packing tape on the door.

DOORS ARE REALLY COOL, THEY HAVE THESE THINGS ON THE INSIDE CALLED HANDLES THAT CAN BE USED TO SHUT THEM.

*mic drop*

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah might as well just knock out as many birds as possible when dealing with the idiots. I have to get my 2nd gear synchro looked at for warranty before my warranty ends...so I might as well get the hatch and door recall done if they can at the same time. Ugh
I'm with you, after reading all the horror stories on here about Ford service, I'm scared to take my car to the dealership. I'll wait until I have to, then get everything done at once. I did hook up my gauges and serviced my own A/C, it never really worked that great and it gets up to 110+ here. Blows nice and cold now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts