Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title says..... I have noticed noticeable acceleration issue after installing the turbo smart dual port bov. Aside from running a green air filter elment the car is still stock atm, has anyone experienced this? I presume perhaps setting is too soft and is taking longer to build boost? I am curious if this is a side of effect of the BOV perhaps too soft? Any help is appreciated, thanks all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Methinks you developed a boost leak. Are you developing full boost at WOT in third?
I drove it around my area, feels like it takes a second or so before kicks in at lower RPMs. In all honesty though just feels like it's taking a tad longer to build boost. In the higher gears it still has go but feels like takes longer to get to higher RPMS....strange. I don't hear a leak and the car is not idling funny at all so kinda scratching ma head :doh:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Also look at your boost gauge when wot. If it peaks out at like 18 I believe stock is? And somewhat quickly drops psi as you are accelerating that will tell you right away there's a leak

·
Registered
123 Posts
If I go all the way tight will the turbosmart recirculate just like stock?

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
If I go all the way tight will the turbosmart recirculate just like stock?
No. The adjustment is for the spring tension. This is for tuning the valve to your cars vacuum. Too soft and the valve will be open at idle, too hard and you could induce compressor surge.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just incase anyone stumbles on this in the future, I found the problem.
I was installing the metal plate wrong, you've to do it over the BOV not under.. stupid mistake that no one else will probably make, but here is it just in case! Gave me an extra 5 pounds of boost

·
Super Moderator
7,879 Posts
Just incase anyone stumbles on this in the future, I found the problem.
I was installing the metal plate wrong, you've to do it over the BOV not under.. stupid mistake that no one else will probably make, but here is it just in case! Gave me an extra 5 pounds of boost
You might be surprised how many people get that wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts