Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone.
New FoST owner as of April 04.2020. Ingot silver, 80k miles, MRR wheels, BOV, Cobb AccessPort, Catless DP, Magnaflow axleback, intake, ngk step colder plugs.
All of the correct mods except for an intercooler. Charge temps get above 120, and corrections are unsightly. I speculate the owner before the previous owner sold the intercooler before the car, why buy all the correct mods for a custom tune by Mountune and cheap out on an intercooler? Anywho, CP-E lightweight on the way.

I have historically been a mitsubishi guy. owned a 92 3000GT SL, 91 vr4, most recently i've owned a 97 SL and I converted it to a TT with the factory components of a vr4. Power was stronger than a C5, and fair with a basic C6. I've owned a 99 Montero Sport, which was a bucket with 300k, and now I have a 2003 Montero Limited which i've lifted and fitted with 32s for some moderate rock crawling.

I also have a 2013 CBR600RR, this has been a commuter, weekend toy, and track warrior at Thunderhill Racewaypark. Hoping to take the ST sometime this year.

27 years old, graduated CSUEB with a bachelors, and working on my MBA with the same school. I have a cat Named Mochi, Bearded Dragon named Beans, and wife has a Maltese named Coconut. When I'm not ripping up the streets, I'm having a date night with the vacuum cleaner and a mop.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
looks great! good color choice :sneaky:

Reactions: Iammeow

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,970 Posts
Welcome. The username/avatar cracked me up the first time i read it.

Glad you're sorting out the intercooler right away!

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
LOL, no way...grape ape we used to call Michael. I have pictures of him with sharpie all over his face at my old house!

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@wingnutt haha that's fantastic, I have to see that.

Yeah! It's funny actually, a couple years ago I had recommended he check out the ST as a very practical hot hatch that's mod friendly, he shrugged it off. Next thing I know I get a message asking me to guess what's being delivered from LA. Sure enough, without any recollection of my recommendation, he had an ST on the way 😂.

I've been friends with Michael for the last 6 ish years, I bought the 1g vr4 (converted to 3g) he picked up from Tey. Great guy.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
Currently building a 91 Stealth TT. engine is currently at Burbank speed and machine.....Billet crank, Wiseco pistons, crower rods, ACL bearings clevite guards, titanium valve train, crower cams, Blouch turbos etc........ shooting for 800 wheel on corn oil, this will be the second engine build lol.. went with a 4 bolt block this time.....Nice to meet a fellow enthusiast. we are going for the sleeper look.. Anyway thought ide share.. sorry for the thread jack.

p.s. the motor in this pic is the old one.. but made 550whp.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
lol, nice...seeing that intake again gives me mixed feelings. I put over 100k on my 93 RT/TT with dual hybrid turbos and spun the bearings, rebuilt it in the driveway and put another 30k on her, spun em again and got out of the game 😂

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
lol, nice...seeing that intake again gives me mixed feelings. I put over 100k on my 93 RT/TT with dual hybrid turbos and spun the bearings, rebuilt it in the driveway and put another 30k on her, spun em again and got out of the game 😂
yeah these engines are not for the every day mechanic haha. fuc*#ng headaches at times.. Cracked ringland on the last motor called for an entirely new engine to be built as bulletproof as possible. I think we are around $13-15k on this motor build and thats just parts and some labor.. sill need miscellaneous stuff and dyno time. long way to go yet.. and we will dial it down once we hit max numbers. its gonna be a weekend warrior. maybe see two or three track days a year.

p.s. That intake is gone. replaced by front mount and correct plumbing...:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Nice...and are you down in LA? cause I have access to a mustang dyno up here in the Bay Are. Had my 93 on it more than once, but never broke 300whp as it was my daily driver about 200 miles a day 😉

you mentioned Burbank Speed, so I’m guessing no...but I work out of the Burbank airport, so ya never know

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
Nice...and are you down in LA? cause I have access to a mustang dyno up here in the Bay Are. Had my 93 on it more than once, but never broke 300whp as it was my daily driver about 200 miles a day 😉

you mentioned Burbank Speed, so I’m guessing no...but I work out of the Burbank airport, so ya never know
Actually I live in Oxnard. Our engine builder is in Burbank, and 'Chai the vr4 guy', his shop is in Van Nuys and he is doing the install. A shop i co manage is also in van nuys. so i am there quite often. but if ever there was a FoST meet up.. oxnard is the place ..

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST2
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Foecfedst The RT is a fantastic car, stock for stock, the RT will walk a vr4 because of the more functional aero :) I wouldn't mind getting a 96 RT if I could ever find one LOL

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
@Foecfedst The RT is a fantastic car, stock for stock, the RT will walk a vr4 because of the more functional aero :) I wouldn't mind getting a 96 RT if I could ever find one LOL
If you can find that Unicorn, you will have a gem for sure.

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Thank you sir, that was a fun car for sure...I put over 100k on that chassis!

now then, a little birdy tells me the OP got some intercooler love late last night...

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
Would like to see that new intercooler installed!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts