Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just purchased my first domestic car ever a 2017 OW ST3 and I'm loving it. Anything I should know straight out of the gate? I have always had VWs and Subies so I guess I'll be the guy asking all the dumb questions (don't worry I'll search first). My other vehicles at the moment are an 89 CRX, 2011 Tiguan and a 2013 48 Sportster.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you like to mod/ Intercooler (DEPO 3.5) Access port (COBB) HF Filter (Green/K&N/AEM DryFlow/COBB). Good start there. Intercooler should be your first - factory suffers from heatsoak pretty quick. Also I came from a 13 STi you can do all the mentioned mods "Intercooler (DEPO 3.5) HF Filter/Intake" (unlike subies) without a tune. Although you will see power gains with the tune. You will need to tune for a downpipe if you decide to go that route or an O2 defouler (to get past the CEL).

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's interesting to see the different approaches each manufacturer takes with regards to accessibility and maintainability. It doesn't even seem to be a matter of domestic versus import. Ford seems to use bolts to access basic items like the air filter, whereas GM uses a lot of tool-less solutions. Most domestics are relatively straight forward. BMW typically over-engineers and complicates everything and with their modern cars almost designs them to be taken into the dealership for service. Anyway, that's been my experience.

Welcome!

Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
731 Posts
A warm welcome from the Netherlands

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Welcome, as the first reply you got stated, there is a typical preferred path to take with mods, but mostly it's a breeze.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I came from the subie world too. I was stoked when I learned they had the accessport for the fords too. enjoy the car and welcome aboard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts