Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST3
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into buying an exhaust for my 2014 ST and found the flowmaster exhaust really appealing. The only thing I’m worried about is if it would easily pass emissions testing in AZ. Any pointers from anyone?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Why wouldn't it pass? Is it a Turboback or Catback? If it's a Catback, and you're using stock downpipe, there shouldn't be any issue.

If you aren't going to use stock downpipe, you'd need to run a defouler to pass emissions.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Read the emisions part from flowmasters website
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
After the catalytic converter inside our downpipes, the exhaust system only does two things and thats to carry exhaust to the rear of the vehicle to exit and muffler/quiet the noise. There are no emission differences if the exhaust dumped after the cat or through the rest of the exhaust. You are fine and will pass any emissions in AZ.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Emissions no problem, but if they do a noise check... well, that's one of the louder exhausts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts