Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,508 Posts
Theoretically, if I get this sensor aligned correctly and is working well, would it be the solution to no fuel and no spark?
Yes. The ecm has to have perfect reference in order to adjust spark and injector timing. If thats not correct, systems shut down as a safety.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Aligned the crank sensor, got fuel in cyclinders now, car sounds like it wants to run but can’t. Expecting no spark

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,508 Posts
Whats your compression? Nobody knows how long this replacement engine was sitting for, it could have dry (as in lack of oil) walls. Adding fuel doesnt help at that point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Compression is good across all cylinders. Should I still replace my crankshaft position sensor

·
Super Moderator
3,508 Posts
Maybe not by itself. Can you list every code thats setting along with description.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Went back to my car and no codes. Recap: no spark, getting fuel, good compression. Plugged every sensor I can think of. Grounds are all tight and clean. Aligning the crankshaft position sensor got me fuel.

·
Administrator
11,923 Posts
Went back to my car and no codes. Recap: no spark, getting fuel, good compression. Plugged every sensor I can think of. Grounds are all tight and clean. Aligning the crankshaft position sensor got me fuel.
Can you take a pic of your intake manifold front of the engine passenger side cylinders. I want to confirm something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just got back home from the car it’s about 20 minutes away. What are you looking for? You want me to keep the intake manifold on?

·
Administrator
11,923 Posts
Just got back home from the car it’s about 20 minutes away. What are you looking for? You want me to keep the intake manifold on?
Pop the hood, and snap the pic when you can. Engine cover off, thats the only prep for the pic.

·
Administrator
11,923 Posts
Wow, thats a gross looking engine. Needs a good cleaning, lol

Why is the intake manifold removed?

I just wanted to make sure you didnt route the harness wrong and plug in the hpfr sensor to the map sensor.

Can of worms you have there.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wow, thats a gross looking engine. Needs a good cleaning, lol

Why is the intake manifold removed?

I just wanted to make sure you didnt route the harness wrong and plug in the hpfr sensor to the map sensor.

Can of worms you have there.
Caught on fire while trying to start because I was stupid and didn’t fully tighten the fuel rail. Now I’m having the same problems before the fire. Will clean once it starts. Definitely a headache. Can’t figure out the spark issue. Might tow to a mechanic if can’t figure out by end of month

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
And the Purge valve assembly is where exactly? The connection is behind the throttle body which will allow unmetered air into the manifold.

Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
And the Purge valve assembly is where exactly? The connection is behind the throttle body which will allow unmetered air into the manifold.
Just finished putting most of it back on the car. Forgot the battery box at home but the engine system is complete now. Just wish it wasn't an electrical problem. The only sensors I know that aren't connected are the crash sensors on the bumper. Other than that I don't want to fill the coolant system until I know the car starts in case I need to remove it all.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Just finished putting most of it back on the car. Forgot the battery box at home but the engine system is complete now. Just wish it wasn't an electrical problem. The only sensors I know that aren't connected are the crash sensors on the bumper. Other than that I don't want to fill the coolant system until I know the car starts in case I need to remove it all.
I could be mistaken, but, I don't think the car will start without coolant; one of those pesky safety features.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
The CHT sensor will trigger limp mode if temperature gets too high, however it will still spark. Electrically something is correct

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The car stopped cranking. All fuses look good. I think I fried something. The ecu?
I'd very carefully run through every wire under the hood looking for burnt/melted/broken wires; having an engine fire only added to your problems.

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson
21 - 40 of 41 Posts