Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am not receiving any fuel in my cylinders when cranking. I have adjusted the crankshaft positioning sensor but if anyone could give advice on that, that would be great. I don't know what else I am missing after swapping the engine to not be receiving fuel. HPFP connected, new injectors and connected, new fuel pressure sensor and connected. Should anything else be looked at that is responsible for fuel?

Thanks
CJ
2014 Ford Focus ST

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
How would you determine a bad crankshaft sensor. Should I replace just in case? Also is the camshaft sensor or VVT solenoid related to startup of the car?

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,177 Posts
Are you sure you actually have fuel pressure and everything else is getting power OK?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
Is the AP reading RPM during cranking?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
Yes. That means that if you were to log RPM on the AP an it's going to be zero (just a wild guess) means that the PCM isn't reading the Crankshaft trigger sensor.

Exactly how much "mix & matching" of parts did you do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay replacing the Crankshaft position center. Everything else was swapped over, all pulleys, accessories, sensors, wires. It came with a checklist of things to do and completed. The only thing I can think of is I hit the sensor too hard against the frame when swapping the engines and will order a new one.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
You really need to start double checking your wiring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wiring should be all good, bought a whole new harness cause I thought it was that but for some reason did that before changing the crankshaft position sensor. If it is the sensor I will be returning one of the harnesses

·
Administrator
11,926 Posts
Wiring should be all good, bought a whole new harness cause I thought it was that but for some reason did that before changing the crankshaft position sensor. If it is the sensor I will be returning one of the harnesses
So you have the alignment tool for the crank sensor? Or just free styled it?

·
Administrator
11,926 Posts
I used the pin at the back. Didn’t use the plate for the cams
Theres a specialty alignment tool specifically for the crank sensor. It is a plastic "cradle" that aligns and spaces it properly. Very critical.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I used the pin at the back. Didn’t use the plate for the cams
But did you use the crank position sensor alignment tool?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But did you use the crank position sensor alignment tool?
Is it not that pin you screw in to lock at top dead center and then align the crankshaft position sensor. From the video I watched they said 20 spikes down and aligned it to that one. The engine came from a running car unless it somehow got untimed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it not that pin you screw in to lock at top dead center and then align the crankshaft position sensor. From the video I watched they said 20 spikes down and aligned it to that one. The engine came from a running car unless it somehow got untimed.
I am not getting any fuel although there is pressure with new injectors and no spark although there is new coils and spark plugs. I also changed the harness and I am able to get readings on my Cobb AP. If the crankshaft position sensor does not solve it I am not sure. If I am aligning it wrong with the engine being at TDC and aligning it with the 20th spike then im not sure

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The pin locks the crank at TDC, but, you need to use the positioning sensor alignment tool to locate the sensor. One like this:

Reactions: SSgtjrobertson

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The pin locks the crank at TDC, but, you need to use the positioning sensor alignment tool to locate the sensor. One like this:
Ohh thats what its for, what do I exactly align the sensor to, is there a spike number or it doesnt matter once its at TDC

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,664 Posts
It sets the exact gap between the sensor and trigger wheel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts